Dallas looking for help.

BamBam

Hello Darcy...

This is one of the sabres fans. Have you called the lonestar state today?

They are looking to unload some defensmen for some forwards...and wouldn't ya know we have alot of forwards available and need some good defensmen. So how about we give them a call today.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/hockey/n...rs/14977246.htm

With the Spacek signing yesterday we really don't need a top 6 Dman that Dallas seems to be wanting to part with. While I'm upset with lost Janki to Tampa, I think we could still find a depth Dman somewhere.

I'd like to see our old friend Philippe Boucher in a Buffalo uniform again, but I don't think Dallas would be willing to part with him unless the deal was very sweet, he's really come into his own the last few years and was a great signing for them after his injury plagued stay in LA. I'm a big fan of his, he's a great two way player who can rack up points but hit like a truck and play defense. Too bad it'll never happen, because as already mentioned Darcy will probably not be looking for any more top d-men.

With the Spacek signing yesterday we really don't need a top 6 Dman that Dallas seems to be wanting to part with. While I'm upset with lost Janki to Tampa, I think we could still find a depth Dman somewhere.

I also think that we should work our younger defenseman into the line up just to get them ready. Look how long it took Campbell to become what he is. I would then trade at the deadline for a veteran like I wish we did this year. Oh shut up, I don't what to hear no one was available :angry:

Sorry, I cannot agree. Injuries have to be a consideration. Yes there are now 6 experienced D-men in the lineup, but I would prefer to see at least one more on the roster in case any of our regulars get hurt. Players like James Patrick or even Fitzpatrick filled in as an extra man when needed. I like what I've seen with Paetch, but I would rather see him as the 8th man and Jillson the 9th.

Sorry, I cannot agree. Injuries have to be a consideration. Yes there are now 6 experienced D-men in the lineup, but I would prefer to see at least one more on the roster in case any of our regulars get hurt. Players like James Patrick or even Fitzpatrick filled in as an extra man when needed. I like what I've seen with Paetch, but I would rather see him as the 8th man and Jillson the 9th.

So it sounds like you do agree. You're both saying we need a #7 guy now.

So it sounds like you do agree. You're both saying we need a #7 guy now.

Perhaps....my point is that we need an experienced player who can be relied upon to play regularly in the top 6 rotation (due to injuries). I don't believe we want to call upon Paetch to be that person.....yet!

Perhaps....my point is that we need an experienced player who can be relied upon to play regularly in the top 6 rotation (due to injuries). I don't believe we want to call upon Paetch to be that person.....yet!

That is a luxury few teams have or can afford ... any free agent worth anything isn't going to come here to play only when guys are injured, and it's hard to justify trading a forward who contributes and produces for a guy who might play in half the games. We were spoiled to have Jimmy Patrick around for years to fill that role but guys like that are few and far between. Everyone's seventh defenseman is suspect, that's why they are 7th defensemen. If Paetsch ends up being that guy, there will be growing pains, but that guy is going to make mistakes no matter who it is. It's not perfect but Regier has bigger things to worry about now, like figuring a way to avoid half his team becoming UFAs next year.

Unfortunately there really only is room for 7 dmen (maybe 8 if you want to short change yourself a reserve forward) as much as every gm would love to have huge amounts of depth to account for injuries you just don't have the roster room. I forsee a low cost dman (fitzpatrick or other player) being brought in one way or another and paetsch will be given every opportunity to take that 7th spot. I think he'll end up in rochester anyways since he won't have to clear waivers if needed. He easily will be the first dman called up this season.

I would so give up Max in this trade. Not saying he won't be good for somebody, but I've kind of lost hope in him doing well here.

Max was the top scorer on the team, but cannot seem to meet expectations.

It begs the question, what is out of whack, Max or the expectations?

I think the expectations.

Max was the top scorer on the team, but cannot seem to meet expectations.

It begs the question, what is out of whack, Max or the expectations?

I think the expectations.

Until he actually starts scoring goals, people will keep complaining. The typical fan could care less about his 50+ assists.

Archived