Arniel leaving

Claude_Verret

congrats to SA... this was a very predictable event. Arniel was a very important factor in the sabres success... i hope his position is filled soon.

They tried to make James Patrick a coach last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see them do it again. The big question is could he fill Arniel's shoes or would he come back in whatever role he was supposed to have last year.

They tried to make James Patrick a coach last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see them do it again. The big question is could he fill Arniel's shoes or would he come back in whatever role he was supposed to have last year.

if memory serves me correctly, patrick actually signed on to be an assist. coach but promptly resigned to play in germany. I would not be suprised in the least if patrick were brought back...

Would they promote one of the Rochester coaches? I don't think Cunneyworth since he's the HC down there and wouldn't that be moving backwards?

But, congrats to Scott Arniel for getting his own command.

Arniel was the architect of the Sabres PP. I wonder if they can replace him. That PP won them a heck of a lot of games. If it goes back down to it's below average success rate, expect the loss of Arniel to result in at least 10 games lost that previously were wins.

Arniel was the architect of the Sabres PP. I wonder if they can replace him. That PP won them a heck of a lot of games. If it goes back down to it's below average success rate, expect the loss of Arniel to result in at least 10 games lost that previously were wins.

Arniel was great coaching the PP. However, I think the PP units should be fine.

The funny thing was that during his playing days Arniel was a great penalty killer.

He's going to be a head coach in the NHL within this decade.

You can also argue that if the powerplay hadn't disappeared in the playoffs, we would've won the cup.

Knowing the Sabres "in House" way of doing things I look for it to be one of the following:

1. James Patrick

2. Grant Ledyard

3. Mike Foligno

And a darkhorse to throw in....

Since we lost our "Power Play Coach" can't think of anyone better to fit the bill then good ol' number 25! Dandy Dave Andreychuk!

Wow, The news of the Sabres picking up Jaroslav Spacek Turned my day around 180 degrees. What a great day this turns out to be! A solid pick up and cudos to Darcy in gettin that deal done. However, reading that last post and the suggestion of D. Andrechuck returning as a Coach made me laugh and think at the same time. This is the same guy who was 'forced' out of the new NHL. So wouldn't logic say that he is burning for a chance to return if even just a coaching position?

Ne ways, the newest sabre definetly stops the pain of losing McKee. Now Grier should be replaced! His replacement, should be none other than M. Peca. He is a centre, who could easily play wing...he also seemed to re-locate his game in the play-offs. I know many would disagree w/ me, but Peca in buffalo was a different player than what he showed in Edmonton. He played w/ heart, determination, and passion. Mayb the money that the NYI's dangled infront of him made him forget about all that, but I think he would be a solid pick-up for this group at a discounted price tag. If we don't you could make a case for the Islanders lead by Mr. Nolan or the uncharacteristicaly quiet Rangers to request Peca's services. Oh well, for now I'm a happy fan, and I can't wait for October. Go Sabres!

congrats to SA... this was a very predictable event. Arniel was a very important factor in the sabres success... i hope his position is filled soon.

No standing in his way. We'll be seeing him again. All the best SA!

According to an article in the Buffalo News, Arniel's family has remained in Winnipeg during his coaching tenure here in Buffalo(2002-2006). Talk about a long distance relationship.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060706/3035741.asp

"The move represents a homecoming for Arniel. He began his NHL career with the Winnipeg Jets and spent the last three seasons of his pro career with the Moose. His family remained in the Winnipeg area while he was coaching in Buffalo."

Archived