RFA's and Arbitration

sskot13

Alright seeing today is July 5th "the day our RFA's either accept the offer or hold out for arbitration"

Why is it we havent signed any of our 22 RFA's Yet?

Adam Mair

Ales Kotalik

Andrew Peters

Brian Campbell

Chris Thorburn

Daniel Briere

Derek Roy

Dmitri Kalinin

Henrik Tallinder

Jason Pominville

Jeff Jillson

Jiri Novotny

JP Dumont

Martin Biron

Maxim Afinogenov

Michael Ryan

Nathan Paetsch

Paul Gaustad

Ryan Miller

Taylor Pyatt

Tim Connolly

Toni Lydman

Whats the record for most FA's going to Arbitration from a single team?

Buffalo might break a record if half of them decide to go.

I guess Darcy has been to busy working out a deal for McKee? Nope, he walked on Day 2, Making a counter offer to Grier? Nope, He just said he'd match SJ's offer, Signing FA's? Well Teppo did resign, Trading Biron? Nothing done yet

What has the front office been doing since game 7?

I do realize there will be a lot of players heading to arbitration and we may even lose a few, but there a lot of core players that need to be signed. such as:

Brian Campbell

Daniel Briere

Derek Roy

Dmitri Kalinin

Henrik Tallinder

Jason Pominville

JP Dumont = maybe, and maybe good trade bait

Maxim Afinogenov = for some reason i feel like he is gone

Ryan Miller

Toni Lydman

Note: Every D-Man is a Core player right now... and for Tim Connolly who knows what he is going to bring after another concussion.

Oh and elcrusho I hate the Suspense

Whats the record for most FA's going to Arbitration from a single team?

Buffalo might break a record if half of them decide to go.

I guess Darcy has been to busy working out a deal for McKee? A counter offer to Grier? Signing FA's? Trading Biron?

Well, you tell us. You seem to know exactly what's going on there all the time.

I do realize there will be a lot of players heading to arbitration and we may even lose a few, but there a lot of core players that need to be signed. such as:

Brian Campbell

Daniel Briere

Derek Roy

Dmitri Kalinin

Henrik Tallinder

Jason Pominville

JP Dumont = maybe, and maybe good trade bait

Maxim Afinogenov = for some reason i feel like he is gone

Ryan Miller

Toni Lydman

Note: Every D-Man is a Core player right now... and for Tim Connolly who knows what he is going to bring after another concussion.

Oh and elcrusho I hate the Suspense

The guys heading for UFA next year are the ones Darcy needs to focus on and decide if he wants to keep them or let them walk...

Briere

Lydman

Tallinder

Max

Worry about making a decision on the rest of the players you listed next offseason.

It would be nice if Darcy started handing out 3 year contracts like Carolina just did with their core, but I don't see it happening. Out of this group of 4, I would venture to guess that two of them will be playing elsewhere in 07-08.

It would be nice if Darcy started handing out 3 year contracts like Carolina just did with their core, but I don't see it happening. Out of this group of 4, I would venture to guess that two of them will be playing elsewhere in 07-08.

With those 4, Darcy best be very caruful and give them each more than a one year contract, or you will be dead on here, two of them will be elsewhere in 07-08

I'm guessing (since they have 22 RFA's) that they've been preparing for arbitration. Those hearings usually require a strong researched case, otherwise they may have to shell out more dough than they'd like.

But more than likely, they've probably just been freaking out because the new logo leaked.

Archived