Background on the Celsius Design Jerseys

fushetti

I would've worn John's jersey design as well. It is a fitting tribute to the team and is a great update to the throwback blue & gold. The proposed logo (that friggin' babyshit yellow, sister of the crawling eye looking ass-mullet), in my opinion, blows two-peckered Tijuana billygoats with piss-hardons. :angry:

everyone is on their knees for these Celcius designs, and frankly they are not that great.

I don't see what is so great about them. IMO, they are overstylized and cartoonish. I think they

are techinically well drawn and executed but look more like a minor league team.

everyone is on their knees for these Celcius designs, and frankly they are not that great.

I don't see what is so great about them. IMO, they are overstylized and cartoonish. I think they

are techinically well drawn and executed but look more like a minor league team.

If you think the Celsius designs are "cartoonish"(which I completely disagree with), how would you characterize the proposed slug logo? :blink: :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all .. just wanted to let you all know that I just relaunched my site ... i'm still going to be adding a bunch of new features to it .. such as forum sigs, avatars, and a few other things for showing support and rebelling against the slug.

but as for now .. i just had enough time today to get this thing built, and put up the latest version of this thing. if you guys check it out, i'd be interested in some feedback:

The New Blue and Gold Project

http://www.thenewblueandgold.com

If this thread doesn't prove they will never keep everyone happy I do not know what does.

"Good job ... BUT ..."

I'm tellin ya, this is why they will never listen to the fans ... in their eyes we are all amateur designers who can't agree on what we like so they are going to tell us what we will like. I'm not saying I agree, I hate what they have come up with. But unless everyone really got behind ONE design, we'll never get anywhere. People talk about the Islanders fans getting rid of the fisherman but they rallied behind the old logo and stuck to it. No offense to Slabyk, he has done some cool stuff, but we have seen seven or eight different variations on this board alone in the last couple weeks and every time people just say "Yeah, that's OK, but it would be better if ..."

If we rally behind the original we have a fighting chance to get it back after a year or two. If we are so worried about retaining tradition, then actually do it and retain the tradition. That's a case we can make. But "Keep a little tradition ... but update it" is way too vague and impossible for everyone to have the same vision about.

You can call all these others "updated," but in the end they are just cheap imitations.

John, I think you're an excellent designer and I'm sad to learn that your ideas were not accepted...and that we have these dreadful legless alien viking things instead.

Keep designing...you never know. If sales stink, they'll go back to the drawing board. If enough people like your designs, you never know...

John, I think you're an excellent designer and I'm sad to learn that your ideas were not accepted...and that we have these dreadful legless alien viking things instead.

Keep designing...you never know. If sales stink, they'll go back to the drawing board. If enough people like your designs, you never know...

I'll second that...and hopefully, the Sabres wise up and pick a logo that actually represents the BUFFALO SABRES and not a banana slug, a goat or something worse.

Archived