One more reason

Orange Seats

No lie--one day last Winter, I came home early from work with some illness. Anyway, the "deuce" had Scrabble on at about three in the afternoon. Seriously, SCRABBLE. Now, I'm an admitted crossword nerd, but on TV? C'mon. The announcers, who were ragging on the contestants, were actually pretty funny. But is this serious sports programming?

What happened to the network of Aussie Rules, good baseball, great highlights, and really good NFL coverage? It turned into poker, horrible "original" content (sucky tv-movies since ESPN wouldn't stand up to the NFL re: Playmakers), WNBA, the Softball College WS, and occasionally, a decent college basketball game.

Cool now that you're on main cable and we're stuck, eh? Nothing I want to see ever is on ESPN, or its stepsister. But we're stuck; we get ESPN if we want other cable. Crap.

Pretty funny.

I have treid to watch ESPN but I can't stomach the netowrk much myself anymore.

i used to play ESPN News, or Sportscenter and let it loop over an dover again while I did things around the house. But the babbling idiocies and lack of good sports commnetary, and respect for all teams and markets have pretty much made it unbearable.

Its all about what sells. I guess we don't care about the popular stuff ????

ESPN has two watchable shows..

Pardon the Interruption

Sports Reporters....

scrabble, poker and paintball << UGH

But the worst thing will be when they broadcast Monday Night Football and that effen idiot Joe Theismann........double UGH

• 2 weeks later...

I had to resurrect this topic because right now, on espn2, it's TEAM DOMINOES. Exciting commentary, too: "Notice the blue team has five out of the seven tiles with 3s on them...."

This is worse than Scrabble.

EDIT: The commentator just informed us that the "oh-two" tile is also known as the "oh-deuce." I take it all back. This is some insightful sh*t.

ESPN has two watchable shows..

Pardon the Interruption

Sports Reporters....

scrabble, poker and paintball << UGH

But the worst thing will be when they broadcast Monday Night Football and that effen idiot Joe Theismann........double UGH

Joe Theismann and his big mouth were only good for one replay, SNAP............... :P

Archived