Ted Nolan to present Jack Adams Award on thurs.

Corp000085

In a strange twist, he's also heard from the National Hockey League, which asked him to present the Jack Adams Award - which he won when he last coached - at its awards ceremony Thursday (8 p.m., Ch. 5, OLN). He has accepted the invitation. It could create an odd situation in that his replacement, Lindy Ruff, is one of three of the finalists for the award. Tom Renney of the Rangers and Peter Laviolette of the Hurricanes are the others.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060621/1001309.asp

That's going to be interesting... Laviolette was the one who the islanders passed up a few years ago. Ted's replacement might also (probably, i hope) receive the award from ted himself.

discuss...

when is the final voting finished for this award? is it before the playoffs? before the Cup finals? anyone know??? I think that will largely decide who wins the award.

I think if it's just the regular season, Ruff SHOULD win but it will end up being a toss up between Ruff and Lavoilette... if it's up to the conference finals or any part of the playoffs, should be Ruff again. If the Cup finals are included, I think Laviolette will win it, unfortunately.

I really don't know how you pick between Ruff and Laviolette. So close. Ruff had the younger team, so I think he gets the nod.

While Nolan handing the trophy to his successor would seem like a juicy, dramatic moment, I can't imagine there's any animosity between them. They'll smile and shake hands. No throwing down of gloves, I don't think. Would be fun though.

I really don't know how you pick between Ruff and Laviolette. So close. Ruff had the younger team, so I think he gets the nod.

While Nolan handing the trophy to his successor would seem like a juicy, dramatic moment, I can't imagine there's any animosity between them. They'll smile and shake hands. No throwing down of gloves, I don't think. Would be fun though.

if ruff wins it, maybe this is when the hockey gods finally clear the buffalo sabres of curse that seemed to fall on them the day tim horton died.

Archived