POST HERE IF YOU'RE PRAYING TO YER GOD THAT

blugold43

jeezus h. u-no-hoo i hope they somehow pull this off. i've managed to remain dispassionate about the whole thing to this point because i am still crushed about our squad's bad luck, but geez this would definitely help some.

cmon hockey gods...thriow us a bone! YOU FRIKKIN OWE US!! :angry:

jeezus h. u-no-hoo i hope they somehow pull this off. i've managed to remain dispassionate about the whole thing to this point because i am still crushed about our squad's bad luck, but geez this would definitely help some.

cmon hockey gods...thriow us a bone! YOU FRIKKIN OWE US!! :angry:

I would much rather see the Oilers with our cup than the stinkin' whinin' divin' bitcin' 'Canes with our cup. I have been a Bills/Sabres fan for 30+ years and I can't help but think that some divine spirit is toying with us. That will make the ultimate success that much sweeter however.

Look at it this way though. If Carolina wins, it clearly validates us as "would be champions." Seeing Carolina skate with "our" Cup should really burn our players and provide incredible motivation for next season. Hopefully it would burn management and ownership, too, who might just be a bit more inclined to put this team over the top. If Edmonton wins, there would be more doubt about whether we were indeed the best team left, if healthy. I would have no doubt. But people could say, "Well, Edmonton beat Carolina and Carolina beat Buffalo and..."

Look at it this way though. If Carolina wins, it clearly validates us as "would be champions." Seeing Carolina skate with "our" Cup should really burn our players and provide incredible motivation for next season. Hopefully it would burn management and ownership, too, who might just be a bit more inclined to put this team over the top. If Edmonton wins, there would be more doubt about whether we were indeed the best team left, if healthy. I would have no doubt. But people could say, "Well, Edmonton beat Carolina and Carolina beat Buffalo and..."

PA fan - stop making sense. This is clearly rational thought. We only post on emotions here. ;)

No validation needed from me. I am rooting for the OIL for the validation of my rabidly envious and spiteful disposition. :)

i've looked at it that way...and i still don't give a $h!t! it doesn't matter what happens, i'll always believe fate robbed us this year. and carolina's struggles with injuries in the last game just convinces me even more.

DIE CAROLINA DIE :angry: !

So let's see. We've won how many Cups now? Four and a half, by my count. Bernie Parent stole one from us in 75. Then we would have won it in 80 if we hadn't been rusty from a nine-day layoff before the conference finals against the Islanders. 1993 is our half Cup. We PROBABLY would have won it had Pat LaFontaine and Alexander Mogilny not gotten injured. We lost in the second round to Montreal, eventual champions, in four one-goal games, three of which went to overtime. 1999 of course is our third Cup. And this year should have been our fourth. Wow, they're going to have to hang some new bedsheets in the rafters of the arena!

Wait, make that four and three quarters. If Lemieux doesn't have that puck fall down from heaven. And, hey, then there was that time...

The hockey gods never listened to me before so why start now? Really, all I want is max. entertainment value- which means the Oil coming from behind, winning tonight and then in Carolina for game 7. That would be pretty sweet. B-)

I don't really care about the wudda, cudda, etc. stuff. The Oilers are the underdogs, they've gone through more adversity with losing their starting goalie, and I have to root for them on that basis (plus their fans care more- had to get that one in there PASabrefan!).

Archived