Horcoff accuses Brind'Amour of cheating

Crestwood

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/5672062

Makes sense to me. I mean, how can one person be that much better than every other center in the league without invoking some "illegal" methods. Any other thoughts?

Brind'amour is great at faceoffs. But he seems to know the tolerance levels of the guys dropping the pucks and rarely seems to get thrown out. He seems to come across quite a bit too. I watched the last series wondering if it was just me, or if he gets a little bit of extra consideration that wouldn't be afforded to a rookie.

Really, I am not sure. But if I was Laviolette I would ride that advantage as far as I could.

I heard them talking on one of the Canadian broadcasts about his face offs and how he asks every official to be consistent in how they drop the puck and to do it the same every time so he can remember exactly how they do it. It wouldn't surprise me if he does get away with a little cheating during a face off, being a vet

I heard them talking on one of the Canadian broadcasts about his face offs and how he asks every official to be consistent in how they drop the puck and to do it the same every time so he can remember exactly how they do it. It wouldn't surprise me if he does get away with a little cheating during a face off, being a vet

I mentioned it right after the end of the conference finals. The best faceoff guys around the sport at every level cheat on faceoffs. They know what they can and can't get away with. This issue will be around until the NHL steps up and starts consistently enforcing the rules.

-Why is it that Brind'Amour slashes Drury's stick 5 times but is allowed to stay in the circle, but someone else slashes once and they're tossed?

-Why on certain draws when something goes wrong, the linesman will have a little talk with the centers, but on other faceoffs for the same violation, they toss a guy?

I could probably go on and on listing things that have annoyed me from faceoffs in the last year.

I mentioned it right after the end of the conference finals. The best faceoff guys around the sport at every level cheat on faceoffs. They know what they can and can't get away with. This issue will be around until the NHL steps up and starts consistently enforcing the rules.

-Why is it that Brind'Amour slashes Drury's stick 5 times but is allowed to stay in the circle, but someone else slashes once and they're tossed?

-Why on certain draws when something goes wrong, the linesman will have a little talk with the centers, but on other faceoffs for the same violation, they toss a guy?

that's an excellent point.

Hey when it comes to faceoffs, if you ain't cheating you ain't tryin' ... Just shows he is in Horcoff's head.

Well if Horcoff wants to win a faceoff, he should just forget the puck and crosscheck Rod in the throat, sit the penalty, and then he'll be in Rod's head.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/5672062

Makes sense to me. I mean, how can one person be that much better than every other center in the league without invoking some "illegal" methods. Any other thoughts?

i don't like brinda'mour but it is not cheating unless you get caught/thrown out of the circle. and since i don't buy in to conspiracies, he has just learned how not only how to time the drop perfectly, but he also can decoy which way he would like to win the draw.

Awesome avatar! Where did you meet Geddy?

Met him backstage when they played Charlotte two years ago. We just had our second kid and wasn't sleeping much. It was a Father's Day gift from some buddies who knew I needed to get out of the house. Geddy and Alex are very cool and down to earth.

I could probably go on and on listing things that have annoyed me from faceoffs in the last year.

Good points about the stick slashing. Maybe I'm the only one, but I started to really become irate every time a Sabre was kicked from the circle in crucial situations in the game, something that never seemed to happen to the 'Canes or either of Buffalo's other opponents. I hate to keep harping on things that are in the past, but it's the only way I'll make it these next few months without hockey. However, I would, as you noted, like to see some consistency from the linesmen in regards to how they handle the gamesmanship involved with faceoffs.

Archived