I Really Enjoyed This Season Tremendously

bob_sauve28

Call me a loser, but last night didn't spoil a thing about this team. What damn team could play like they did down 4 defenseman. Imagine the Islanders without Dennis Potvan, Ken Morrow and two other guys who started for them, or the Deviils without Scott Stevens and Ken Danakyo and two more.

This season was so great. I love the team, the players, the coach and though it was frustrating--really infuriating-- to watch one player after another get injured and not be able to play, it was also so much more fun seeing Derek Roy, Pominville, Miller, Kotilik and Campbell develop into first rate players.

Thank You Sabres

I agree completely, after the game I was just sad that I wouldnt watch this team play again until October. It is OK that they lost because I had so much fun watching throughout the regular season and so much more in the post season. I just wish that I was thinking about where I want to go to watch the game on Monday.

how about this for a memory: those early october home games, when there were between 9000 and 10500 fans in the arena. Whole SECTIONS of blue seats, and the ultimate insult, huge crowds low and around center ice. Your team has no following when throngs of people can "move down". I'm horribly dissapointed that the sabres are not in the finals, but i can live with it because this is just the start of something big. This is not 1999, when it took the players a year to get over it, and the fans forever... If you asked the sabres, i'm sure they wouldn't even want to take a week off to get healthy... their mentality is start training camp now. hindsight is already making this look like the absolute turning point from darkness to greatness.

"Though much is taken, much abides, and though

We are not now that strength which in old days

Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;

One equal temper of heroic hearts,

Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

--- Ulysses, Alfred Lord Tennyson

A quote taken from the Canes fan site but better suited to the boys in our locker room...Thanks for the great memories boys...and here's to many more to come...

Late,

How can you not be disappointed? I totally disagree the sentiment that we should be OK with us losing. I read posts and heard on WGR before Game 6 that "If they lose tonight, I don't care because so and so didn't predict us to do anything" or "I just love this team so much, it doesn't matter" Since when are we fans of almost making it there? , I wanted the Cup so bad this year. I thought this was it. My boyhood dream was coming true. I'm not satisfied with losing. We had the team to do it this year, injuries or no injuries. THAT WAS OUR GAME ON THURSDAY! THEY HAD TO TAKE HALF THE AMERICANS BLUELINERS 7 FRIGGIN GAMES!! Tell me you guys didn't think we were going to win after the halfway point of the game. The Sabres took it over.. UGHHGGHHGHGH. I've been a Sabres fan for almost 20 years. I want a champion now.

You are never guaranteed a spot anywhere. Who knows if this team will ever make it back. Yes, it was a good season and a very pleasant surprise, but after February, we had a cup contender and screw it... we had a shot.

Sorry for the buzzkill...but who knows what the future lies, or what Darcy is given in terms of monies to spend on players. Hell, who knows if Regier is even capable of being a GM. The jury is still out in my opinion. The last few years he's taken the high road when its come to player transactions.

This is weird.... I feel dissappointed and grateful at the same time. A team that plays with pure heart and dedication first, and talent second. I have NEVER seen a team work as hard as the Sabres did and that is why im dissappointed. Usually the harder you work the more you get, but not in this case. We had so much to deal with, so many distractions that could have flattened us, but we never gave up. All I have to say is that I have never been prouder to be a Sabres fan. They are the new NHL, and even with half an AHL team out there they still played their hearts out and almost had the upset. Let's hope this season wasn't a fluke, and the one thing that we have that is better than speed: chemistry. Other teams can bulk up on speed, but if we stay together, that will be our biggest advantage.

If we can keep our key guys together and pick up a couple key components I think we are the President's trophy winners.

How can you not be disappointed? I totally disagree the sentiment that we should be OK with us losing. I read posts and heard on WGR before Game 6 that "If they lose tonight, I don't care because so and so didn't predict us to do anything" or "I just love this team so much, it doesn't matter" Since when are we fans of almost making it there? , I wanted the Cup so bad this year. I thought this was it. My boyhood dream was coming true. I'm not satisfied with losing. We had the team to do it this year, injuries or no injuries. THAT WAS OUR GAME ON THURSDAY! THEY HAD TO TAKE HALF THE AMERICANS BLUELINERS 7 FRIGGIN GAMES!! Tell me you guys didn't think we were going to win after the halfway point of the game. The Sabres took it over.. UGHHGGHHGHGH. I've been a Sabres fan for almost 20 years. I want a champion now.

You are never guaranteed a spot anywhere. Who knows if this team will ever make it back. Yes, it was a good season and a very pleasant surprise, but after February, we had a cup contender and screw it... we had a shot.

Sorry for the buzzkill...but who knows what the future lies, or what Darcy is given in terms of monies to spend on players. Hell, who knows if Regier is even capable of being a GM. The jury is still out in my opinion. The last few years he's taken the high road when its come to player transactions.

I know what you mean, but really, I am not going to get upset because we lost 4 top players. I just can't let myself worry about things I can't control. It was such a great season. I dunno, I guess they don't have to win the cup for me to have enjoyed the season. Like I said, call me a loser if you want, but with all the fun I had watching these guys this year I just can't feel dissapointed. It's not like they gave up or anything, they played with stoic determination to the end. I guess I feel a lot of pride in them for actully playing as well as they did under such adversity. What I am upset about is losing my Chris Drury hockey stick down at the rink :(

Archived