McKee out for Game 7!

mayers21

Well that certainly sucks, but I'm not giving up on these guys. I still think we can take them out tonight, but it's going to take a great effort by Miller and some quick learning by Paetsch, Janik and Jillson.

Well that certainly sucks, but I'm not giving up on these guys. I still think we can take them out tonight, but it's going to take a great effort by Miller and some quick learning by Paetsch, Janik and Jillson.

And some scoring by our forwards. The best defense is a good offense.

As I posted over on OTW on TBD, that story's byline is from 9:38 AM (3 hours ago unless the reporter is sending in the article from the Pacific Time zone, which makes no sense.) If TSN had the story 3 hours ago, why didn't WGR who talked with Jay's agent 1 hour ago?

I'm calling this one either BS or exaggeration until I hear it from another source.

I don't doubt the heart and resolve of this team one bit...but I hope one of the young guys (Janik/Paetsch) steps up early and can eat up a lot of minutes without making a ton of mistakes...our best hope is to throw everything at Ward, including the kitchen sink, and blow them up early...we'll get McKee, Teppo & Dmitri back for the Cup finals, and we'll be OK...

Brutual... How the heck are we suppose to defend Carolina? That means the following ice times:

Campbell 30 minutes

Lydman 25 minutes

Janik 23 minutes

Janiis 20 minutes

Fitzpatrick 22 minutes

Or thereabouts...

This is gonna be really ugly in the defensive zone. Please oh please don't let this one go to overtime.

As I posted over on OTW on TBD, that story's byline is from 9:38 AM (3 hours ago unless the reporter is sending in the article from the Pacific Time zone, which makes no sense.) If TSN had the story 3 hours ago, why didn't WGR who talked with Jay's agent 1 hour ago?

I'm calling this one either BS or exaggeration until I hear it from another source.

I read that story at around 10:30/11:00 this morning, and it said nothing of McKee being ruled out. It's been edited.

I am with you Dave...I didn't look at the time it was posted, but I am not counting Jay out until the puck drops and his name isn't on the lineup card.

Okay, this has gotten to be beyond ridiculous. I can't remember a sports team in a fight for a championship having worse luck with injuries than the Sabres are having right now.

But in the end, who cares? At this point I would think it would only make them more determined. They may not win but won't give up.

"Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks! Rage! Blow!

You cataracts and hurricanoes, spout

Till you have drenched our steeples, drowned the !

You sulphurous and thought-executing fires,

Vaunt-couriers to oak-cleaving thunderbolts,

Singe my white [-sweatered team's] head!

. . .

As flies to wanton boys are we to the [hockey] gods

They kill us for their sport,

But we'll still win it in 7."

--apologies to William Shakespeare

TSN has been accurate throughout.

But dammit I hope they are wrong this once.

Lindy apparently laid it out after the morning skate (I'm guessing right around noon, which would be at about the time WGR switches to Jim Rome), coming clean with the injury and saying McKee would not play in game 7.

Also, Numminen did not participate in the mandatory morning skate....take that FWIW.

Think about it though... I'm not playing Pollyanna here, but who's got more pressure right now? The team without four defensemen and one of its best playmakers playing on the road, or the healthy team (and don't give me the Cole crap, they picked up Weight and Recchi after that) playing at home? Who's "supposed" to win this game? Who's going to let it all hang out and who's going to play tight and not to lose because they

"should" win?

The Sabres have nothing to lose tonight. Absolutely nothing. If they lose it was still one of the greatest seasons in Sabre history. When they win it'll be one of the all-time greatest chapters in hockey lore. If the Canes win, well, they're supposed to beat a team with five MAJOR injuries, especially at home. But when they LOSE... ohhhhh. We're talking Houston Oilers '93 territory. And nobody gave the Bills a chance in that game with Kelly, Biscuit and Thurman out... right?

Ok, IF the sabres bring Edmonton to buffalo the home crowd is going to have to make and addition to the " LET'S GO BUFFALO" chant so it goes something like: "LET'S GO BUFFALO, AND THE AMERKS DEFENSE!!!!!

I still believe!!! GO SABRES!!!!

if you say it to yourself and clap it....it has a catchy tune....Lol

Throughout all of the other injuries I knew it would be OK because Jay was still out there. With his injury I am really concerned with our Defence. Although I am more concerned with his health if it is indeed a Staph infection.

Archived