Scouting The Officials For Game Seven

PTS

Call me crazy but 75% of the time I can predict the outcome of a game based on who will be officiating the game. Here's the pool of officials left and how I would rate them for Game Seven:

Would Love To Have:

Rob Shick

Bill McCreary

Paul Devorski - Confirmed for Game 7

Marc Joannette

I Don't Mind These Guys:

Brad Watson - Confirmed for Game 7

Eric Furlatt

Please Do Not Give Me These Smucks:

Mick McGeough

Dan O'Halloran

Don Van Massenhoven

Looking at recent games, I think we can rule out O'Halloran and Van Massenhoven ... thank the hockey gods! But unfortunately McCreary and Devorski are probably out as well.

I'm pretty sure Rob Shick is due up and I'm hoping Joannette or Watson get the call as well.

Finally, hometown boy Tim Nowak working the lines would be fantasic. Sabres do well in games he's a linesman and I believe he's a strong possiblity for Thursday.

Tonight's Officials:

Paul Devorski and Brad Watson

Tonight's Linesmen:

Jay Sharrers and Greg Devorski

All in all, this isn't bad. I expect them to let the teams play and I wouldn't expect any horrid call late in the game or OT.

Dan O'Halloran is dead inside.

And I can't believe nobody mentioned Kerry Fraser. If there is one referee who likes to be seen more than anybody else on the ice it's helmet-hair.

Both of these men will burn for eternity for crimes against the game.

The Goat

And I can't believe nobody mentioned Kerry Fraser. If there is one referee who likes to be seen more than anybody else on the ice it's helmet-hair.

The Goat

Fraser is a non-issue. He didn't make the cut for the Conference Finals.

The Goat

Fraser is already gone from the list for a game he totally F'd the Sabres over in during round 2. This thread only discussed the guys that are still in the pool.

Check the archive, you will see PLENTY mentioned about him.

Fraser is already gone from the list for a game he totally F'd the Sabres over in during round 2. This thread only discussed the guys that are still in the pool.

Geez. The 5-3's are still burned into my retinas.

Alrighty,

With no mention of Fraser I thought something was wrong...I knew he was not selected to ref in the Conference or Cup finals but didn't know you guys has already roasted him....sorry I missed the party.

The Goat

Archived