A Game 7 no one cares aboot (not a typo)

inkman

I was tuning into Jorge Sedano early this morn, and he was piping off about our series finale as "the game 7 no one cares about". It got me thinking. Is he right? Besides, Buffalo and the rest of Sabres faithful, does anyone care about this game? I know this isn't the place to ask but what is the vibe from non-Sabres fans? :huh:

Then again, I should consider the source. He's an NBA announcer and pimps that garbage hard. :rolleyes:

Its aggravating to hear sportscasters proclaim these things, but if the only thing that will make hockey exciting is seeing the same 6 teams in the fnals year after year because of their market share then what's the point of even bothering with the league.

In the Sabres/Carolina case, its easily the best and most exciting series in the 2006 NHL playoffs. Well balanced, full of fast paced play, both teams playing their hearts out, both teams finding ways. If they can't see the forest between the trees then their just blind fools.

IMO there needs to be more emphasis with sportscasters ot find the positive spins in a small market match up instead of so gleefully poiinting out the lack of ratings. Also the NHL is still feeling the pinch from 15 years of clutching/grabbing, neutral zone trap hockey, and a season lock out..

Does anyone even pay attention to the NBA's version of roundball ?

Honestly folks.... seriously...it's the NBA....Who around these neck of the woods knows who is still left playing and what game they are in? I follow it every so often so i know a little bit but I could tell you with a straight face, that in my opinion The NBA is an over-rated pile of crap league that took over the time slot for the game of hockey. I love the game, and w/ these new rule changes, hopefully the last for many years to come many other people around the nation will come around...but until then, They ARE missing out, and I for one am going to enjoy the game of hockey as i know it : The fastest game on earth!

Go SABRES!!!!

. I love the game, and w/ these new rule changes, hopefully the last for many years to come many other people around the nation will come around...but until then, They ARE missing out, and I for one am going to enjoy the game of hockey as i know it : The fastest game on earth!

Go SABRES!!!!

You nailed it here. It will take some time to heal the wounds from the last 2 decades of "Neutral Zone trap", and the 2005 lockout, but Hockey is definitely and finally heading in the right direction.

I'm from Canada, and everyone here has jumped on board with the edmonton oilers so everyone is talking about it up here. You can't turn on the tv without seeing some preview of the next game in this series.

The same can easily be said about the NBA. To me, its the most boring game ever - ever. Its not bball itself, college basketball is great, but the NBA is a snooze. It would be just as fun to watch if they made all the players run on a treadmill for an hour then hit the court for the "final" 3 minutes of the game.

I'm sure, though, that there are many who don't care about the NHL. Although Carolina sportswriters want to think otherwise, hockey is hard to appreciate, the things that make for a great performance are not always obvious to a newcomer. For us its easy to highlight Pominville's drawing four penalties as key to the game, or to look for great forecheck and backcheck, whereas others might only want to look at who shot the puck all the time.

ESPN and ABC and OLN only want to focus on individual stars. ESPN used to trip over itself trying to puff up Mario Lemeiux, even when he stopped being great. This Sabres team is not about stars, the closest you get is Miller and Drury, but night in and night out there are so many more players to talk about.

I really don't care if the rest of America isn't paying attention. Canada's on board, and WNY will certainly be tuned in if we make it to SCF. Let the people who enjoy and understand the game enjoy and understand the game.

After that, its up to the NHL to get itself a network that will promote the game and its fundamentals to new viewers in an exciting way.

I was tuning into Jorge Sedano early this morn, and he was piping off about our series finale as "the game 7 no one cares about". It got me thinking. Is he right? Besides, Buffalo and the rest of Sabres faithful, does anyone care about this game? I know this isn't the place to ask but what is the vibe from non-Sabres fans? :huh:

Then again, I should consider the source. He's an NBA announcer and pimps that garbage hard. :rolleyes:

who gives a #%^$#! what this guy thinks? #%^$#! him. as far as i am concerned he is a broadcaster no one cares about.

Jorge Sedano joined Fox Sports Radio as a weekend host in March 2004, and was promoted to host The Third Shift in August 2004.

Jorge also serves as host of the Miami Heat Pre& Post-Game shows on WINZ-AM 940. He most recently was the afternoon drive host at then-Fox Sports Radio affiliate WRFX-AM (2003-2004), before the station switched to a talk format. Prior to joining WRFX, Sedano was the Mid-Day host at WAFN-AM 1700 in South Florida (2000-2002). Born in New York and raised in Miami, Sedano graduated from Florida International University.

Jorge is single and resides in Miami, FL. He can be reached at jorgesedano@foxsports.com.

PS.......I think he's just pissed because chalupas aren't on the menu in most NHL arenas.....fug this deutchbag!

Archived