Game Thread

slugspirit

Buff News Preview

NHL.com Preview

This place is dying for a new thread and some excitement. This is the Sabres first game back since a disappointing 3-2 loss to the Panthers, while Boston is coming off a tough loss in Montreal. If the have one thing helping them, Joe Thornton should be back in the line up tonight. Miller should start once again, although Ruff anounced Biron would be playing soon. I would expect Marty in net against the Devils/Islanders next week.

I can't wait for this game. I plan on making it to all 4 Sabres-Bruins games in Boston this year. So far, I'm one for one.

Anyway,on to the game. If the third period in the last Buffalo-Boston game taught us anything, it's that Buffalo knows how to beat Raycroft. The Kotalik and Afinogenov goals were identical. I hope to see a few more high, stick-side shots tonight.

Vanek had a beautiful SHG attempt as he came out of the penalty box, but he had to take a bad angle to the net with the puck and Koivenen (sp?) stopped it as Vanek crossed in front of the net.

Miller has been stout killing off the 5-on-3, and he's been great all night so far.

Ahhhh... hockeyhockeyhockey, and getting to hear a Jeanneret call, to boot. Life is good. (First Sabes game I've actually found on local TV this year, since we don't get MSG...)

Couple of GREAT saves by Miller to keep it 2-2 after 2. This Habfan says Go Sabres - beat the ^#&! out of the team in the pee-yellow jerseys...

Well I got stuck at work and only saw the third period, but two wins over Boston this early in the season can't be a bad thing. Although I heard the PP struggled again despite the two goals, and that last PP looked like they were playing their sticks upside down trying to get out of their own end ... just ugly. And I'm sure Drury will get skewered for missing the empty net ...

Somehow they keep winning games, especially division games, with the PP struggling and Vanek and Drury still not scoring... and it's not like Miller is stealing games, although he is playing well ...all things considered, i am not complaining about a 5-2 start ...