Wow! I'm not sure I want anything to do with these Oilers!

Spandrel

Of course, I'm half-joking, but they are playing absolutely lights out, and are no doubt heading straight for a sweep of these Ducks. They just seem to bury every chance they get in these games, and they are not giving up anything on the other end. #8 seed, my foot.

They are up 3-0 right now, and are looking at a 5-on-3, and ready to plunge the knife in deep.

EDIT: Yep, make that 4-0, on the delayed call while they are still on a 5-on-3. They are up 4-0 with 4 Ducks in the box!!!

Let them sweep... A very good sign!

Those "loose" legs they got now will tighten up with "rust" if they gotta sit for a week! The more you keep skating the more threshold you have to tiring... IMO... A day between games is ideal... They will get way more if they sweep!!!

I don't play hockey, but I ski... And my skiing is definitely more "on" and grows stronger through the season without having to take more than a few days weeks off here and there... Not that this matters... Yet, it is the same motion and concept... You gotta stay skating to stay sharp and build stamina... That is what scared me about the week off, and it is showing for both the Sabres, Ducks... And hopefully the 'Canes (game 1)... Game 2 was desparate for the 'Canes!

They have been at it since the battling to get to the playoffs as an 8 seed and have been playing almost every other night to stay strong...

It helps the Eastern Conference to go 6 or seven... You seen the rust that exist between "our" two teams...

Let the Oil rest... While "we" hopefully can nail the Hurricanes in ideally 6... They will catch us at full stride iff the Sabres can get their heads screwed on right after game 2!

GO OIL... FINISH THE DUCKS OFF FAST!

I'm sorry but the Oilers just about lost a game they were up 4-0 in with less then a period to go and only come out with a 5-4 victory? They are not as good as the media (atleast the Canadian media who are putting them up on golden pedestals) are making them out to be. They are a good team, don't get me wrong, you don't knock out the Red Wings (who are also highly overrated being in a weak division) and the Sharks and go up 3 games to 0 over the ducks and not atleast be a good team, but they are being overhyped. I mean, right now, Peca could probably walk up on national television and shoot a puppy straight in the face in the middle of a kindergarden class and just walk away to cheers from the crowd. They are going to be getting a rude awakening when they have about a week of sitting around watching Sabres Highlight reals (or huricanes highlight reals) waiting for the finals to start. The only thing thatThe Sabres or Canes can't top, is the volume of the oilers crowd at home.

They also can't top the Oilers physical play... IMO if Buffalo plays the Oil, Buffalo will lose. They are beat up to #%^$#! already, and they Oilers will only further that.

The Oilers also match up well against the Ducks (7-0 this season), and Anaheim's goaltending looks like it's come back down to earth. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

It's hard to say if you should be scared of the Oil. First off, I think the sabres have to play about 50 times better against the Canes to even play the Oil.

But, keep this in mind, it's an 8th seed against a 6th seed. The west has been weaker than the east all year. Detroit won the league due to an absurd number of games against Chicago, Columbus and St.Louis.

It'll be interesting to see if they can keep up with the Canes or Sabres.

I have to admit though, they do look awful good, both the oil and the ducks. Roloson is stealing the series for the Oil.

Ok, you guys are honestly scared of the oilers? What kind of pansies are you anyways? I'm not scared of anything anymore! I mean, we had rookies turning peter forsberg into a goon... We took out the paper champions in ottawa. Now we're up 2-1 on the VERY physical hurricanes. We bitch and moan about tallinder's injury, but he wasn't on the ice when the sabres shut out the canes with the goalie pulled... Bring on the canes on friday, then bring on the oilers. Who cares at this point... We've already beaten the world, now we're just playing for ourselves...

Archived