My LAMP for Game 1

Corp000085

Pregame:

Ok, DCsabres and i have been PMing each other for about a week to hook up during the tailgate... So, about 10 minutes away from the arena this morning around 11:45, he calls me and we are to meet up in the "sabres section"... Well, i get to the arena and its nothing but sabres fans. Apparently the hurricanes had sectioned off an entire quarter of the parking lot for sabres fans/sabres decorated cars. Anyways, i roll down the window, hit sabredance on my ipod and the red sea parts for me to drive through. Kid you not, it was a Bills tailgate at the ralph... That's the only way i can describe it. People were yelling at me, giving me high fives as i'm driving, chicks are running up to my car to give me kisses, people are THROWING UNOPENED BEERS INTO MY CAR (DREAM COME TRUE PEOPLE!!!), and about 25 sabres fans run next to my car and "direct" me to my spot. I call dcsabres and he walks over and we hang out. Great guy by the way, thanks for the beer, man!! So, we hang out and the channel 7 news guys are walking around... We do the "lets go buffalo" chant over and over. At one point the canes cheerleaders drive through and hand out free swimsuit calenders... Kid you not, nobody took them except for one guy who ran up, took one, said thanks, then threw it on the ground and spit on it... Then, i hear "THANK YOU TOM". I look over, and sure enough, its tom golisano and larry quinn. Quinn happens to be a family friend so i run over to him and he came over to my car to take pictures and stuff... Got to shake golisano's hand, said "good luck" etc...

Gametime:

We walk to the arena and down to our seats. My seats were the front row, on the side towards the penalty box, and the seat next to the sabres enterance. So, basically, i'm 2 feet from the camera crews, the indian (or arab) TSN guy, the nbc on ice guy, the NHL officials, extra coaching staff, and marty biron. RJ Walked by rbefore the sabres took the ice and got a HUGE cheer. I shook his hand. I had a nice talk with one of the assistant coaches throughout the game. Marty was about 15 feet from us but he waved early on in the game. During the pregame skate, there were about 200 sabres fans congregated around the entrance, and gaustad threw himself into the boards for us. Briere winked at us too. The game itself was so awesome. It was as if we were on the ice itself... The little square camera hole was directly in front of me, so you could feel the cold air blow through when someone skated by. I was directly in front of that tallinder hit that caused the penalty in the 1st period. As for the numinnen injury, i couldn't see it and didn't notice him in any pain skating off. Hopefully his back just got tight and he'll be good to go for monday. There were plenty of sabres fans, and they were playfully rowdy with the canes fan. One canes fan wore a brett hull dallas jersey. we thought he was great.

Postgame:

I cheered all the guys off the ice (which you can see on tv... as the guys were skating off, i'm standing up with a beige hat and a white tee shirt clapping.) and a lot of them pointed at me, which was pretty awesome. They really could hear us in the beginning. There was almost a fight in the bathroom because the idiot drunk canes fans were yelling crap about norwood and junk like that.

Total experience:

It was the best experience you can have at a visiting rink. The only way to describe the pregame tailgate was a bills tailgate, in september, at the ralph... It was literally that intense, that much fun, and that many people. The game itself was awesome. from my seats, you had a bad view of the other zone, but you could watch the play develop, so i didn't miss much. That briere goal was so fast to develop i didn't even jump up. As for my wife, who was "just along for the ride" was so pumped up too. We've decided to get game 5 tickets and see if it goes to 5... I can't do game 2 due to my college schedule.

Pictures:

They're self explanatory... The one of me (in the blue and gold white tee and hat) and the random guy drinking molsons is DCsabres... I'll be editing in some captions, so if you were at the game too and notice yourself in the pictures, let me know so i can add you... Sorry that some of them are grainy.

http://community.webshots.com/album/550578950vSFCfh

GO SABRES!

wow awsome review man!! I wish i was there.

I can't wait for Game 5!!!!! Although, i wouldn't mind if there wasn't a game 5. lol

Thanks... There's more though:

I forgot to mention i saw dimitri kalinin in a suit down in the aformentioned holding area. He was in a suit, and he had loafers on. HE also seemed to be walking without a limp. Hopefully he's back for game #3 or 4. By all accounts, teppo will be fine too...

Thanks... There's more though:

I forgot to mention i saw dimitri kalinin in a suit down in the aformentioned holding area. He was in a suit, and he had loafers on. HE also seemed to be walking without a limp. Hopefully he's back for game #3 or 4. By all accounts, teppo will be fine too...

I hope so, we can definetly use both of those guys!!!

btw, awsome pics, when i first posted, i didn't realize the link. Crazy stuff man, i really can't wait for Game 5!

who is the with the Zima? :lol:

post-1-1148175822_thumb.jpg

some canes fan gave that to me.

Sounds like a great time man.............Great game to go see as well...........What kind of Beer?

bud light... but it was ice cold, and free... i drank it

What a game. From the tailgaiting to the game to the after game celebrations. I met X. Benedict aka The Hockey Sherpa before the game. It is nice to be able to put some faces to the names on the board. It was nice to be around so many Sabres fans. Everytime someone came by in Canes colors the boos and Lets Go Buffalo chants would start up. We were parked over by the NC State football stadium but walked over to Lot 6. That was basically just nothing but Sabres fans. A great job from the Sabre faithful.

I know the Let's Go Buffalo chant was suppose to start at the 18 minute mark but at the 18:30 mark, all of a sudden the chant just came out of nowhere. It was very cool. I was in section 309 and there were alot of Sabres fans in my section and the adjacent sections.

I don't think the Carolina fans knew what hit them. While waiting in line for the bathroom someone would just start the Lets Go Buffalo chant. The Sabres were loud and making sure people knew they were there. It was a great environment. That was my first playoff game and the crowd was electric. Very cool.

Pics from the game

We got the the arena about 10:30 and pulled into the Sabres section of the lot. We couldn't believe how many Sabres fans were there. The drive was well worth it. We had so much fun, we may go back for game five. Hopefully there won't be a game five though. Sat in section 310 and my ears were ringing after the game it was so loud up there. Great job everybody. I also posted some pics.

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?act...security=kpuzlc

Great meeting you Hirly5. Enjoyed tailgating with you and the gang from Olean. I was able to sit next to the Hockey Sherpa at the game. The Sherpa knows his stuff. It was like sitting next to Jennerette!

We didn't see you guys at Binko's. You didn't miss much.

Ok, next game i'm making a "My handle is Corp000085 from www.sabresreport.com" sign.. That would make introductions a whole hell of a lot easier.

Just carry that Zima around with you... everyone will spot you in a second! :lol:

What a game. From the tailgaiting to the game to the after game celebrations. I met X. Benedict aka The Hockey Sherpa before the game. It is nice to be able to put some faces to the names on the board. It was nice to be around so many Sabres fans. Everytime someone came by in Canes colors the boos and Lets Go Buffalo chants would start up. We were parked over by the NC State football stadium but walked over to Lot 6. That was basically just nothing but Sabres fans. A great job from the Sabre faithful.

I know the Let's Go Buffalo chant was suppose to start at the 18 minute mark but at the 18:30 mark, all of a sudden the chant just came out of nowhere. It was very cool. I was in section 309 and there were alot of Sabres fans in my section and the adjacent sections.

I don't think the Carolina fans knew what hit them. While waiting in line for the bathroom someone would just start the Lets Go Buffalo chant. The Sabres were loud and making sure people knew they were there. It was a great environment. That was my first playoff game and the crowd was electric. Very cool.

Pics from the game

Fun hanging out with you H5. Fun to meet so many Sabres fans and great pics. That was just electric, and I can't imagine having more fun than we did invading Canes territory, and winning the game. The levels of passion are just so different, for the Canes it is entertainment., for the Sabres fans that showed it was total commitment:

It is just a blast when people drive in the lot and every car yells something different:

Cheektowaga

Silver Creek

Niagrara Falls

Honeyoye

Kenmore

Olean

Etc.

Good times. :lol:

Archived