Stanley Cup Finals Ad

Linksfiend

MARYLAND STINKS!!!! AND I LIVE HERE... NBC COVERED HORSE RACING HERE!!! AND IT WASN'T EVEN THE FREAKNESS RACE YET. THAT'S LATER TODAY.... OLN LOOKS BETTER AND BETTER TO ME!!!!

yea they best not wait until that date... thats almost a month from now... thats a long time to go without hockey... id think they would have to move it up... i mean hockey nation would dry up and everyone would lose interest.

yea they best not wait until that date... thats almost a month from now... thats a long time to go without hockey... id think they would have to move it up... i mean hockey nation would dry up and everyone would lose interest.

You've got to be kidding. It's game 3. That means we can expect game 1 to be on the 6th. Game 7 of the Carolina-Buffalo series (if needed) is the 1st. That's 5 days.

You've got to be kidding. It's game 3. That means we can expect game 1 to be on the 6th. Game 7 of the Carolina-Buffalo series (if needed) is the 1st. That's 5 days.

I don't remember five days planned in between the potential last day of one series and the beginning of the next in any other NHL year.

I was really surprised to see that NBC was advertising for Game 3 already as well. According to an every-other-day schedule the Finals would look like this:

Game 1 - West Champ at East Champ - Tue June 6

Game 2 - West at East - Thu June 8

Game 3 - East at West - Sat June 10

Game 4 - East at West - Mon June 12

Game 5 - West at East - Wed June 14

Game 6 - East at West - Fri June 16

Game 7 - West at East - Sun June 18

It had been announced earlier that the last possible day for the finals to wrap up would be June 19th, so I suppose this schedule makes senes, however the time off between the East and West Conf. Finals doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

If both Conference Finals go to 7 games, then they would wrap up May 31st and June 1st. There's no way that the league would make them wait 5 days to begin the next series. No one outside of Canada and the 3 US cities remaining is following hockey anyways...why give the sport 5 dead days for everyone to forget about it even more?

Finally, if neither series goes 7 games, it would make even less sense. If say the West sweeps and the East wraps up in 6, you would have the Western Conf. team sitting around for 12 days and the East team sitting around for an entire week. That just plain stupid.

I think we should chill on this one for now...there's no way that the NHL makes both its teams wait around for up to 12 days (worse can scenario). I think at that point, waiting around becomes dangerous...players can get seriously out of hockey shape.

Besides, if the Stanley Cup Finals were already set, then why wouldn't the league have announced the dates for ticket sales?

I don't remember five days planned in between the potential last day of one series and the beginning of the next in any other NHL year.

I'm not saying it's not long, I was replying in regards to things such as "hockey nation would dry up and everyone would lose interest." That's just ridiculous. The NFL goes two weeks between their conference finals and the Superbowl. Surely, we can go a week.

I'm not saying it's not long, I was replying in regards to things such as "hockey nation would dry up and everyone would lose interest." That's just ridiculous. The NFL goes two weeks between their conference finals and the Superbowl. Surely, we can go a week.

I'm not sure I can. First the shakes, then the hockey tremens in the middle of the night. Summer is long enough as it is.

Archived