Very little fighting in series

wjag

One thing I definitely enjoyed was the pace of the series. With so little fighting, it was all hockey. It made for quick games and unrelenting speed. I hope the next series is like that.

I know dirty players should not be a part of hockey. That being said, fighting is a part of hockey. When a fight breaks out, 15,000 fans jump up and cheer.

Granted, that is not Buffalo's style. There was nothing better than Rob Ray dropping the gloves and going to town.

I hope the NHL officially does away with that garbage after the season. It is not needed any more.

It is needed. If Neil pulled that late hit on McKee in a regular-season game, I would expect a fight (and I'm glad the Sabres resisted temptation last night). How else do you control the situation? The refs sure aren't doing it.

I hope the NHL officially does away with that garbage after the season. It is not needed any more.

Are you kidding? There's as much dirty play now as there's ever been. The Flyers probably threw 50 elbows in the six first round games, which says nothing of all the after the whistle crap and diving or throwing someone on our goaltender (which both Ottawa and Philly did en masse). You can put all of that on the NHL and the ridiculous rules to keep fighting out of the game.

It's a matter of time before someone's season or career is ended.

I don't mind if the NHL cracks down on fiights, as long as they crack down equally on the dirty little sh*t that makes fights, or "enforcing" sometimes necessary. I wish they could send Peters out a few times to fug up someone's face after they throw some cheap shot that injures one of our guys.

Archived