Stadium Wall has been fixed...

PromoTheRobot

Seems like someone registered today at 11:28AM on StadiumWall as the name "admin" and was placed into the group "Administrators". I'm assuming the board had an exploit that this user took advantage of.

Shortly afterwards, TSW kept contacting outside domain names anytime you went there, and then it was trying to use a common exploit to install a trojan on your computer with a file called xpl.wmf

If it also happens on this board, DON'T OPEN OR DOWNLOAD THAT FILE!

Suggestion to everyone using AdBlock Plus with Firefox, block the following domain names to stop the crap on your own browser:

traffdollars.biz

traff5all.biz

artolib.com

picsjournal.com

1-extreme.biz

After I blocked all of these domain names in AdBlock Plus, it stopped trying to get me to open the file on my pc.

Seems like someone registered today at 11:28AM on StadiumWall as the name "admin" and was placed into the group "Administrators". I'm assuming the board had an exploit that this user took advantage of.

Shortly afterwards, TSW kept contacting outside domain names anytime you went there, and then it was trying to use a common exploit to install a trojan on your computer with a file called xpl.wmf

If it also happens on this board, DON'T OPEN OR DOWNLOAD THAT FILE!

Suggestion to everyone using AdBlock Plus with Firefox, block the following domain names to stop the crap on your own browser:

traffdollars.biz

traff5all.biz

artolib.com

picsjournal.com

1-extreme.biz

After I blocked all of these domain names in AdBlock Plus, it stopped trying to get me to open the file on my pc.

Thanks. I ran into that a little while ago at TBD but luckily I've got the wits not to open or download #%^$#! I don't know. Thanks for the info. :)

OK, I'm not so handy here...went to TBD...how can tell if I got the virus?

Does it burn when you pee? ;)

we are working on what exactly it was. Unfortunately, I just deleted the lines of code without noting what they were.

Archived