Perspective Guys ... Perspective

MillerTyme

Read this article ... puts everything in perspective ...

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060...?tbd1053459.asp

Yes a sweep would have been nice but if anyone would have suggested that before the series, they would be in a mental institution. The Sens are a VERY, VERY good team. Yes the Sabres can match them with their heart and intesity but the Sens talent is still there. All three Sabre wins could have went either way. It was only a matter of time before the Sens got the right bounces. So the Sabres lost a great opportunity to end the series, so what. They are still up 3-1! No Sabres fan can honestly say they arent happy with that. The Sabres played well last night except for the first period. They had their chances just didnt connect, didnt get the bounces and ran into Emery on a good night. We were up 3-0, but we all knew deep down inside this thing was far from over. Every game has been close so far and it looks as though thats how every game will be. All we need is one win out of three. If not Saturday then why not Monday in front of all our fans. If the series keeps on going like it has been, the team who gets the bounces and has the better goaltender will win. Lets all just take a deep breath and relax a little.

First of all, there were two refs on the ice. Can you name the other? Second, I would be willing to bet Kerry Fraser is booed in every building in the NHL, including Scotiabank Place. He doesn't have it out for Buffalo. That said, they say the ref in any sport should never be the story, and Fraser is the story a lot. He must be a good ref if the NHL keep him around. :)

First of all, there were two refs on the ice. Can you name the other? Second, I would be willing to bet Kerry Fraser is booed in every building in the NHL, including Scotiabank Place. He doesn't have it out for Buffalo. That said, they say the ref in any sport should never be the story, and Fraser is the story a lot. He must be a good ref if the NHL keep him around. :)

I thought the one call all four officials should be called on the carpet for was in the 2nd period. There was a play where the puck clearly hit the netting above the glass(behind the Sabres net) and yet play continued on. Are you telling me that none of the 4 saw this. If Ottawa would have scored right after this, it would have been "no goal" all over again.

As a diehard Sabres fan I AM DISAPPOINTED to be up 3-1. I'll admit the disappointment is ONLY because we were up 3-0. A week ago at this time on friday morning I fully expected the Sens to win the series and hoped the Swordsmen could extend them to 6 games. Now I'll be very disappointed if the Sabres don't win the series. Time can change expectations!

The series is still 3-0

Last nights win goes to Frasor, who should have been named Ottawas #1 star of the game

Lemme' get this stragiht... When Ottawa takes a penalty, its because they cant handle buffalo's team speed, when Buffalo takes a penalty - it is because Kerry Fraser, or whoever the ref is that night is stupid and out to ruin the sabres cup hopes.

There was a play where the puck clearly hit the netting above the glass(behind the Sabres net) and yet play continued on. Are you telling me that none of the 4 saw this. If Ottawa would have scored right after this, it would have been "no goal" all over again.

Miller put that back up there, not on a shot, just put it up there - it shoulda been a Sens PP... Still complainin?

Lemme' get this stragiht... When Ottawa takes a penalty, its because they cant handle buffalo's team speed, when Buffalo takes a penalty - it is because Kerry Fraser, or whoever the ref is that night is stupid and out to ruin the sabres cup hopes.

Miller put that back up there, not on a shot, just put it up there - it shoulda been a Sens PP... Still complainin?

I don't have a problem seeing Penalties called on Sabres players when there was an actual infraction on the play AND when it is called FOR BOTH TEAMS. The refs last nght were letting Ottawa get away with anything and calling Buffalo for looking in the wrong direction.

Well from what I saw Miller tossed it with his stick and it ended up bouncing off the netting. If that is a penalty it still should have been called that way. (It showed that none of the officials were watching the puck)

My problem in last nights game wasn't that Buffalo was getting penalties, its that Ottawa was not getting any for playing almost as dirty as Philly

As a diehard Sabres fan I AM DISAPPOINTED to be up 3-1. I'll admit the disappointment is ONLY because we were up 3-0. A week ago at this time on friday morning I fully expected the Sens to win the series and hoped the Swordsmen could extend them to 6 games. Now I'll be very disappointed if the Sabres don't win the series. Time can change expectations!

They lost! Losing is for . . . losers and "perspective" is for the mommas of losers.

I don't care what I expected last week nor what happened the first three games; the Sabres lost and that ticks me off.

They lost! Losing is for . . . losers and "perspective" is for the mommas of losers.

I don't care what I expected last week nor what happened the first three games; the Sabres lost and that ticks me off.

Being dissappointed is fine ... being upset we lost is fine ... My post did not say that nobody should be upset, dissppointed or ok with the Sabres loss last night. Im just saying that there are lots of people overreacting saying that we are going to lose now and all that garbage. Thats when you need to take a deep breath and put everything in perpective. We are still up 3-1 and we didnt play all that bad after the first period. We had the chances to win but didnt. I am just as upset as everyone else that they didnt come out with the "killer instinct" and win the game but lets not jump off cliffs saying theyre gonna lose. As the article said, lets take it as it is ... ONE GAME. Be dissappointed but not suicidal and pessimistic ... save that for a game 6 or 7!

Archived