Per Tim Graham a stake of 25% of the Buffalo Bills is for sale

Brawndo

10 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

If they're forced to come up with 2-3 billion dollars on inheriting the team to pay the estate tax?

My rough math for worst case scenarios based on purchase price and estimated current value is a tax bill of $920M on a profit of $2.3B. Selling 25% at the same prices nets a tax bill of $550M.

The below article details our tax implications for owning sports franchises. I think it’s safe to say nobody needs to feel any sympathy for the Pegula’s tax bills.

https://minnesotareformer.com/2021/07/15/the-billionaire-playbook-how-sports-owners-use-their-teams-to-avoid-millions-in-taxes/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

My rough math for worst case scenarios based on purchase price and estimated current value is a tax bill of $920M on a profit of $2.3B. Selling 25% at the same prices nets a tax bill of $550M.

The below article details our tax implications for owning sports franchises. I think it’s safe to say nobody needs to feel any sympathy for the Pegula’s tax bills.

https://minnesotareformer.com/2021/07/15/the-billionaire-playbook-how-sports-owners-use-their-teams-to-avoid-millions-in-taxes/

I'm not saying anyone needs to feel sympathy.  I am 100% on board with estate tax (especially for anyone inheriting over let's say a million dollars.)

Just explaining that he may be doing this as part of estate planning to help his kids cover the cost of retaining the team(s).

Edited by Captain Caveman
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link. No pay wall, which was great.

That's sad, but not surprising, to learn that Kim's been ruled legally incapacitated.

Also - I saw that Laura's heavily involved in that JKLM venture - named for Jessica, Kelly, Laura, and Matthew.

Is Terry's son Michael (Laura's fully biological sibling) not in the picture at all? I seem to recall him being around when the Pegulas became the owners of the Bills ...?

This is one of the saddest things I have witnessed in my lifetime of 50 years of being a Buffalo sports fan. Terry Pegula is out of bounds for myself personally to comment on anymore. I didn’t know how bad Kim Pegula’s health issues were and Buffalo sports is just a game this is real life. God bless Terry Pegula that he even wants to still own the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres after what he has gone through I had no idea. I want to personally apologize to Terry Pegula from Buffalo Super Fan I was wrong. I feel terrible even though I had no idea God forgive me in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo