Sabres Trade Kyle Okposo to Florida for Defenseman Calle Sjalin and a Conditional 7th Round Pick

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

I don’t know. When a player finds himself with a  new coach, it’s pretty common that the new coach tries to find a way to squeeze more out of said player. Isn’t this what Granato did with Dahlin, Skinner, Thompson, Mitts?  Okposo himself saw his production increase under Granato. Now, maybe the message isn’t getting through anymore. Maurice left the Jets as he thought he did all he could do with that group. 

Yes and no. 

I think you hear "we like this part of his game, but we need a bit more that part". It seems as though we have heard two different situations mention physicality, training, and/or hard work. You almost never hear a HC or player publicly say "We work harder here then they did over there".

4 hours ago, Mango said:

Yes and no. 

I think you hear "we like this part of his game, but we need a bit more that part". It seems as though we have heard two different situations mention physicality, training, and/or hard work. You almost never hear a HC or player publicly say "We work harder here then they did over there".

Well, that's not what was said, but it is what some of you heard.

7 hours ago, ... said:

More shots at Meatballs' coaching?

"We wanted to get him in some games, get him a little bit comfortable. I think we practice a little differently here. There's just a lot of new for him here. So [we've been] discussing some of the new, some quickness that can come back into his game, some physicality that could come back into his game."

Ya, because they want to win not "develop". 

I think the soft country club thing has been here as long as Pegula has. It gets debated but there's enough evidence to conclude it's a reality. 

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2024 at 12:50 PM, Doohickie said:

Since being traded, Okposo has played three games, averaging 11:09 of ice time, 0 pts, -1.  The Panthers are 1-1-1 in those games.

Healthy scratch in the three games since your check in. It looks like he’s truly injury insurance only.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Healthy scratch in the three games since your check in. It looks like he’s truly injury insurance only.  

It’s almost like he’s not a quality player on a playoff team…color me shocked. 

• Haha (+1) 1