Is it too soon to be dreaming about Home ice

wjag

Seems to me that whomever survives in the East will have home ice for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Since the highest seed in the West is a 5 and the lowest seed in the East is a 4, it makes sense to me that the Sabres might get four games at home should they win five more games..

Do I have this right?

Sabres Fan in Maryland

Seems to me that whomever survives in the East will have home ice for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Since the highest seed in the West is a 5 and the lowest seed in the East is a 4, it makes sense to me that the Sabres might get four games at home should they win five more games..

Do I have this right?

Sabres Fan in Maryland

Sort of...The NHL goes strictly by points in the Cup finals. Therefore, division winners get no special seeding and a 7 seed in one conference could hypothetically get home ice over the 3 seed in the other.

Since all of the teams in the East had higher point totals than those in the West, the East will have home ice in the finals.

Let's not forget that Carolina is damn good and beat us 3 out of 4 this year.

First things first. (which means actually let's finish the SWEEP tonight and then worry about the conf. finals).

Yeah, baby.

I am by no means looking past tonight nor thru Carolina. Carolina seems to be playing every bit as inspired as our Sabres are. Thankfully for the Sabres, someone is going to lose the NJ-CAR series and it certainly looks like the that will be Jersey. Merely dreaming of what could be.

This back to back thing may be huge for the Sabres. Did you see the look of the Sens last night? It's hard to believe they will be able to recover mentally for tonight. More than ever, a quick start is essential for the Sabres.

When your foot is on the neck of a giant, whatever you do, DON'T LET HIM UP!!!

This back to back thing may be huge for the Sabres. Did you see the look of the Sens last night? It's hard to believe they will be able to recover mentally for tonight. More than ever, a quick start is essential for the Sabres.

When your foot is on the neck of a giant, whatever you do, DON'T LET HIM UP!!!

http://www.seg-social.es/ism/gsanitaria_uk...tulo7/7-60B.jpg

Archived