Does anyone know who the Officials are Tonight?

Knightrider

Bill McCreary should have just worn a Sens jersey in game 2. I hope he isn't anyplace near HSBC for game 3.

Take off your Saber-coloured glasses. Me and my brother both thought Mcreary was terrible and screwing the sens over... No matter which team you talk to - the fans are going to think they got scrwed over by the ref. It evens itself out - thinking anything else is bushleague

Take off your Saber-coloured glasses. Me and my brother both thought Mcreary was terrible and screwing the sens over... No matter which team you talk to - the fans are going to think they got scrwed over by the ref. It evens itself out - thinking anything else is bushleague

In my opinion McCreary is consistently bad.

So you think by giving the Senators 5 more power plays then the sabres constitutes the refs being anti-senators last game?? Dude I was at the game and Buffalo was getting screwed left right and center

Where was the whole game played? IN THE BUFFALO END. If you are pent up in your own end for a prolonged period of time, you will likely take numerous penalties. Of course the Sabers didnt mind Patrick Eaves being rugby tackled, or cross checked in the back of the head all night infront of the net - perfectly legal right?

Try and watch the games with some sort of impartialness - I do, and im no worse for wear.

I thought the Sens had the edge in getting away with stuff, but not by much. There are still consistency problems among the referees, thats for sure. Watch tonight and I bet you will see many times where a player will dump the puck in and attempt to chase it and go around the defenseman, only to be held up along the boards with no penalty call..wasn't the NHL supposed to crack down on interference like that?

That's the main thing that bothers me, I can remember numerous times where Sens players would hit one of our guys before he had a chance to get to the puck and there was no call. The biggest example was game one...the second goal Ottawa scored was because Tallinder didn't have a stick...and why didnt he have a stick? Because he was hit by Phillips into the boards, no where near the puck. I am sure the Sabres are gettin away with those too but come on, I want less phantom hooking calls and more interference calls.

Where was the whole game played? IN THE BUFFALO END. If you are pent up in your own end for a prolonged period of time, you will likely take numerous penalties.

Are you kidding me? Take a look at the stats sheet ... the game was clearly one sided on penalties. Sens-7 vs Sabres-3. And dont blame it on playing in the Buffalo end ... that was only the third period and if you look at the stats, buffalo only took 1 penalty compared to none for ottawa. It was the first period that was rediculous. Buffalo got called for everything and Ottawa nothing (4 vs 1) and that was the period closest in shot totals (12-9). The officiating might even out throughout the series but that doesnt make game two's officiating any more fair!

I agree consistantly bad - but not in favor of any team. i always thought he was pro Leaf, and anti Sens, you guys think hes pro Sens and anti sabers - It does not matter who the ref is, the game will be called inconsistantly, and somebody will be upset.

I agree with Marty... It's not a team bias, it's just simply not enforcing the rules. The reason I said I thought the officials would decide the game is that if there are no whistles, we are going to have more injuries. I don't think it's unfair to state that the officials are the reason that Volchenkov (SP?) and probably Dimitri [my bad, I was thinking of Gaustad] are out. Since our guys are smaller though, "old NHL" will definately favor the the Otters.

Archived