Tuch Day to Day with an UBI

Brawndo

Just now, matter2003 said:

I find it so crazy that the NFL, NBA and MLB all give you pretty much the exact injuries, if not from the team, from beat reporters/national media reporters that have sources that the team allows to leak info out.

Why the NHL deems this as some secretive thing I have no idea.  It's irritating to the fans who want to know what is going on with the players and it really doesn't give any competitive advantage.  Pretty obvious by watching someone for a minute or two warming up if there is an issue they are trying to hide from the opposing team.  

The issue is that the NHL ALLOWS this type of reporting, not that the NHL REQUIRES this type of reporting.

And if you don’t think a wrist injury can be exploited in hockey then I don’t know what to tell you. I’d be happy to show you with a Bauer 95 flex though. 

18 minutes ago, SDS said:

The issue is that the NHL ALLOWS this type of reporting, not that the NHL REQUIRES this type of reporting.

And if you don’t think a wrist injury can be exploited in hockey then I don’t know what to tell you. I’d be happy to show you with a Bauer 95 flex though. 

And if you don't think the other team knows that you have a wrist injury within 2 minutes of watching you warm up whether they know it or not from an injury report, I don't know what to tell you.  I mean, I used to know who was hiding an injury on the other team in warmups playing soccer in grade school, but you think pro athletes/coaches/trainers/staff aren't going to be able to figure it out?

C'mon man.

Edited by matter2003

9 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

And if you don't think the other team knows that you have a wrist injury within 2 minutes of watching you warm up whether they know it or not from an injury report, I don't know what to tell you.  I mean, I used to know who was hiding an injury on the other team in warmups playing soccer in grade school, but you think pro athletes/coaches/trainers/staff aren't going to be able to figure it out?

C'mon man.

And yet Lindy Ruff and EVERY SINGLE TEAM since for 17 years have done it this way, to apparently no advantage. 

confidence. It’s the food of the wise man, but the liquor of the fool.

16 minutes ago, SDS said:

And yet Lindy Ruff and EVERY SINGLE TEAM since for 17 years have done it this way, to apparently no advantage. 

And liquor is the confidence of the fan 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SDS said:

They do it on the 0.0005% chance that it COULD give them an advantage whether it actually does or not.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.