Sabres Announce Lukas Rousek called up from the Amerks

Brawndo

I have to assume the spot is because Benson got put on IR. They are calling his injury week to week. That left an empty spot. I would have thought they'd use it for Savoie (and they still might by sending Biro or Rousek back this weekend). If Savoie plays tonight I think that's his 5 games and they'll either need to bring him to the Sabres or send him to Juniors.

My guess is he'll get a tryout and they will drag it out until World Juniors unless he makes his case to stay on the team.

On 11/2/2023 at 8:34 PM, Buffalonill said:

He definitely hasn't looked like he did last year 

You are correct in that he started slow just like Thompson did.   He started to play better since the first fight. 

He was just starting to get on the score sheet a bit and he now has 7 points (1G + 6A) in 10 games.   He is hitting and enforcing, something we need a bottom 6 or bottom 3 guy to do.  

Edited by Pimlach

1 hour ago, SabresBaltimore said:

I have to assume the spot is because Benson got put on IR. They are calling his injury week to week. That left an empty spot. I would have thought they'd use it for Savoie (and they still might by sending Biro or Rousek back this weekend). If Savoie plays tonight I think that's his 5 games and they'll either need to bring him to the Sabres or send him to Juniors.

My guess is he'll get a tryout and they will drag it out until World Juniors unless he makes his case to stay on the team.

Not sure if it's 5 games or not.  If he's on a "normal" conditioning loan, it's 14 days that the player can be in the minors without any issues while on the conditioning loan.  If he's on a BF-LTIR conditioning loan, then yes, 5 games is the max he can be in the minors.  Considering he isn't counting against the 23 man roster (or at least he wasn't when there were 23 healthy bodies in Buffalo) it seems that it's a BF-LTIR conditioning loan; but it was reported as he could be down there for 14 days (which is the other conditioning loan) so again, not positive if he can only get 5 games or the 6th that they'll play in his 14 day window.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.