Arena news - other cities/Toronto

mjd1001

If I'm not mistaken, the Arena in Buffalo is a year or two older.  Of course in Toronto it gets more use, but still highlights places like Philly, Boston, Toronto....that have an Arena built about the same time as in Buffalo are getting or have already gotten huge renovations.  In Toronto, it has already undergone some lesser renovations, but this is a big one.

Scotiabank Arena announced on Thursday that it will be getting a multimillion-dollar face-lift. 

The staggering $350 million investment and multi-phase renovation — titled the Scotiabank Arena Venue Reimagination Project — will feature capital improvements to almost all areas within the venue. 

Upgrades will be brought to concourses, suites, premium clubs, retail spaces, food and beverage offerings, and state-of-the-art technological innovations will also be introduced. 

full article here:  https://www.blogto.com/city/2023/10/scotiabank-arena-350-million-dollar-transformation/

Also in Calgary in the last few days....

Deal struck between Calgary and Alberta for new $800M arena for Calgary Flames

A preliminary deal announced in April for a new $1.2-billion event centre and entertainment district near the city’s downtown, including a new rink for the Flames, has been finalized, Calgary Mayor Jyoti Gondek said Thursday.

The project plan includes plazas and gathering places, bars, restaurants and retail shops with the main event centre hosting the NHL team along with other sports, concerts and events.

full article here:  https://www.nationalobserver.com/2023/10/06/news/deal-calgary-alberta-800m-arena-calgary-flames

8 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

If I'm not mistaken, the Arena in Buffalo is a year or two older.  Of course in Toronto it gets more use, but still highlights places like Philly, Boston, Toronto....that have an Arena built about the same time as in Buffalo are getting or have already gotten huge renovations.  In Toronto, it has already undergone some lesser renovations, but this is a big one.

Scotiabank Arena announced on Thursday that it will be getting a multimillion-dollar face-lift. 

The staggering $350 million investment and multi-phase renovation — titled the Scotiabank Arena Venue Reimagination Project — will feature capital improvements to almost all areas within the venue. 

Upgrades will be brought to concourses, suites, premium clubs, retail spaces, food and beverage offerings, and state-of-the-art technological innovations will also be introduced. 

full article here:  https://www.blogto.com/city/2023/10/scotiabank-arena-350-million-dollar-transformation/

Also in Calgary in the last few days....

Deal struck between Calgary and Alberta for new $800M arena for Calgary Flames

A preliminary deal announced in April for a new $1.2-billion event centre and entertainment district near the city’s downtown, including a new rink for the Flames, has been finalized, Calgary Mayor Jyoti Gondek said Thursday.

The project plan includes plazas and gathering places, bars, restaurants and retail shops with the main event centre hosting the NHL team along with other sports, concerts and events.

full article here:  https://www.nationalobserver.com/2023/10/06/news/deal-calgary-alberta-800m-arena-calgary-flames

Living in Toronto I can tell you Toronto is the master of renovating their arenas and stadiums to mask the shortcomings on the ice and field😁

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Living in Toronto I can tell you Toronto is the master of renovating their arenas and stadiums to mask the shortcomings on the ice and field😁

My condolences.  We escaped The Great Satan 25 years ago.  I have never been back.

The only good thing about it is that it's close to Buffalo to take in many Sabre games and the occasional Bills game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.