Saturday’s ‘Hockey Night at the Ballpark’ Highlights Big Bisons Weekend

Eleven

This showed up in my email and I thought some of you might be interested:

The Bisons are home through Sunday with some of the Summer’s biggest events, highlighted by Saturday’s Hockey Night at the Ballpark in collaboration with the Buffalo Sabres. Legendary winger Danny Gare has the ceremonial first pitch and greats Marty Biron & Rhett Warrener will be part of a pregame Autograph Session. There will be a Hockey Night Jersey Raffle of the game-worn & signed Bisons player jerseys, Sabres Giveaways Every Inning, and of course an appearance by Sabretooth!

This weekend also includes a Honda fridaynightbash!® with Fireworks that is also Obscure Jersey Night where you can win prizes when you wear that odd, outdated sports jersey you own. Sunday’s Back 2 School & Carnival Day will include a Pop-It Giveaway, 10+ Inflatables and postgame Kids Run the Bases!

Summer weekends don’t get any better than this. We’ll see you at the ballpark!!!

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This showed up in my email and I thought some of you might be interested:

The Bisons are home through Sunday with some of the Summer’s biggest events, highlighted by Saturday’s Hockey Night at the Ballpark in collaboration with the Buffalo Sabres. Legendary winger Danny Gare has the ceremonial first pitch and greats Marty Biron & Rhett Warrener will be part of a pregame Autograph Session. There will be a Hockey Night Jersey Raffle of the game-worn & signed Bisons player jerseys, Sabres Giveaways Every Inning, and of course an appearance by Sabretooth!

This weekend also includes a Honda fridaynightbash!® with Fireworks that is also Obscure Jersey Night where you can win prizes when you wear that odd, outdated sports jersey you own. Sunday’s Back 2 School & Carnival Day will include a Pop-It Giveaway, 10+ Inflatables and postgame Kids Run the Bases!

Summer weekends don’t get any better than this. We’ll see you at the ballpark!!!

This would be an amazing place wear one of those Bills Superbowl Champs T-shirts that got shipped to Africa.

The Bisons do such a good job with fan engagement and creating good fan experiences. I always get to 2 or 3 games every summer. And I always have a good time.

I think in years past they've had better luck with getting a current Sabre or two to show up for hockey night at the ballpark ...? The timing is tough, of course.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I enjoy Bisons games on a nice summer day in Buffalo.  I did get to see MLB in Buffalo when the Blue Jays played there.  That was a treat. 

It was a $250 night, but taking my dad to see Red Sox - Blue Jays in a stadium that small is an experience I'll never forget.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I took my Dad too.  He was 88 at the time.  

Yeah mine was 78.  Used to be that for that kind of money, I was going to get a little something-something afterwards with some date.  The hug in the parking lot w/ my dad was more memorable by far.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

It was super cool.

I have ALMOST switched affiliations because of it.  It was that awesome having them here.  To the extent that I'll follow baseball anymore, which is little because of the shift ban and near-ban on pitchers batting (the last remaining great parts of the game), I'll still like the and Nats (Expos remnants). I'll always have my soft spot for the Cubs (family) , and I'll always have a soft spot for the O's, too.  But if the Orioles and Blue Jays meet up in October, I might just root for the Jays.  (I probably won't watch any of it, though, because of aforementioned objections to the game itself.)

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.