I take back everything I have ever said about Miller.

sabre31_98

Everything. Every word. Every little bit of criticism I have laid on him this season. I could never have been more wrong and I beg forgiveness....

I don't. I said he played like crap last game but we should stick with him this game anyway. Glad Ruff did. What a great game by Miller!

He made some key saves in the 3rd period and Emery didn't.

Did we even get a shot on Emery in the 3rd? Holy cow, I was sweating bullets. Who would have thought we could just sit back for an entire period and keep them off the board. Again, they outplayed us for a good portion of the game, but we made the turnovers count and are coming home 2-0. I love it!!!

Did we even get a shot on Emery in the 3rd? Holy cow, I was sweating bullets. Who would have thought we could just sit back for an entire period and keep them off the board. Again, they outplayed us for a good portion of the game, but we made the turnovers count and are coming home 2-0. I love it!!!

We technically had 4 weak shots in the 3rd, and were outshot 44-17. Other than the penalty to start the period and on Tallinder in the last 15 seconds, I don't recall any other penalties in the 3rd period.

Personally I think Lindy realized this game was being called "old-NHL", and adjusted in the third to play that way. We weren't trying to score in the third, we were trying to run out the clock.

Miller showed his flash of brilliance and his potential to be a great goalie again tonight. Once he gets more years of experience I think he will perform more consistently at the higher level.

Archived