Sabres announce Ryan Johnson signs 2 year ELC (Finally)

Brawndo

26 minutes ago, Eleven said:

One of the coolest things about the movie *The Princess Bride* is that Andre the Giant drank two entire cases of beer on the way to the set once.  And, of course, he wasn't able to perform very well.  So they had to delay the scenes he was supposed to be in.

From what I've read, his drinking ability was legendary. Body weight matters, lol. I also read, being French, his command of English was well below what the director/producers expected so his scenes took forever.

Just the other day, we mentioned TPB to RosePie and she said, "Ick, that sounds like a romancey movie". We laughed and told her that's almost a direct line out of the movie.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Eleven said:

One of the coolest things about the movie *The Princess Bride* is that Andre the Giant drank two entire cases of beer on the way to the set once.  And, of course, he wasn't able to perform very well.  So they had to delay the scenes he was supposed to be in.

The most popular condiment in the US is salsa, apparently.  I would have thought it a children's condiment like ketchup.  But it's salsa?  Wow.

When Johnson makes his NHL debut and holds up the "Get to know your 2025 Sabres" placard it reads:

Favorite movie = Princess Bride;  Favorite snack = anything with salsa!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, inkman said:

I would also like him to be an effective NHL player but at what point do the Sabres NEED someone like Trouba, Gudas, Cernak, McNabb, Borgen, etc.  Having 6 puck moving D sounds great and all but I feel like a little jam on the backend is in order particularly in the post season.  

I would take 4 more Samuelsson's please.

• Like (+1) 1