Ottawa is so full of excuses!

Corp000085

He had a .92 save % before game 1, much like Miller's was much higher as well.

I didnt realize john Tortarella was on these boards! Believe it or not,

EVERY TEAM IN THE NHL PLAYOFFS FEELS PRESSURE

Ottawa was the preseason favorite to win the Cup. Ottawa has failed to meet playoff expectations for almost 9 seasons. Ottawa could possibly lose it's two best d-men to free agency and signed a 41 year old goalie. Ottawa is one of the two remaining Canadian teams in the playoffs

The preseason expectations, history of playoff failures, closing window of opportunity, and national expectations clearly create more urgency and pressure on the Sens than most any other team still alive in the playoffs.

If the Sabres lose this series, the city will applaud their efforts for exceeding expectations. If the Sens lose, they become the Atlanta Braves of the NHL.

Everyone keeps saying Miller had a bad game. He wasn't dominator style, shutdown, nothings getting past him game like we were all used to with Dom, but he played pretty decent considering his opponents. He faced 33 shots and made 27 saves (.818 sv%, not great but not horrible) If he didn't give up a bunch of rebounds, and his defencemen cleared the puck, he may have only given up half of those goals. Emery face only about 23 shots and made about 16 saves (.696 sv%, that is not going to win you any games) That is definitly not numbers a goalie should have in the playoffs. When you face only 23 shots all game, you gotta save atleast a couple of them.

I agree Miller didn't have a horrible game. On the one Sens goal Miller made 3 point blank saves in a row before the 4th went over his glove. Miller came up with some big saves throughout the game whereas Emery made maybe 1 key save I remember.

It's going to be interesting how both goalies bounce back tonight. The nice thing is that we have Biron waiting for his chance, coming off a shutout, to increase his trade value by showing what he can do in the playoffs against a high powered offense. On the other side of the puck, Ottawa can't feel too good about any of there three goalies right now.....

The nice thing is that we have Biron waiting for his chance, coming off a shutout, to increase his trade value by showing what he can do in the playoffs against a high powered offense.

What trade value? Isn't he a Free Agent at the end of the season? Therefore he has a new contract to play for, and thats why trading him at the deadline could have helped the sabres more if they could have gotten someone decent for him that could have been resigned long term. I have a feeling this year is the last we will see of Marty in a Sabres uniform.

What trade value? Isn't he a Free Agent at the end of the season? Therefore he has a new contract to play for, and thats why trading him at the deadline could have helped the sabres more if they could have gotten someone decent for him that could have been resigned long term. I have a feeling this year is the last we will see of Marty in a Sabres uniform.

I believe he is a RFA. If he goes somewhere else, it will most likely be a trade.

He had a .92 save % before game 1, much like Miller's was much higher as well.

Both goalies struggled in game 1, but you have to admit Emery needs to improve significantly on his performance where as Miller could use a slight improvement.

If the Sabres lose this series, the city will applaud their efforts for exceeding expectations. If the Sens lose, they become the Atlanta Braves of the NHL.

I see no reason to insult the fans of Ottawa like that... ;)

Archived