Kids In The Line Up This Year vs Next Year

JoeSchmoe

8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Is Savoie being hampered somewhat by playing on a stacked team? 

I haven’t watched any of their games, just some of his highlights.

They are a team going for it this year. They have 11 guys from ‘03 and their maximum 3 from ‘02. Only 3 of those 14 can play next year.

Even though he has been on that team for parts of 3 years he is one of the young guys.

I imagine they roll 4 lines due to talent and not needing to shorten their bench. I don’t see TOI stats but my guess is he would play17-19 minutes a night.

Bedard is all Regina has so he would probably play 20-22 minutes. Weak teams with star forwards would be similar.

My take is his numbers are secondary. He is already drafted and the team can go all the way, so Patrick would want him playing the right way. The Sabres probably have a checklist that they gave him and I would guess defensive play, getting stronger and other details are what they would like to see.

29 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I haven’t watched any of their games, just some of his highlights.

They are a team going for it this year. They have 11 guys from ‘03 and their maximum 3 from ‘02. Only 3 of those 14 can play next year.

Even though he has been on that team for parts of 3 years he is one of the young guys.

I imagine they roll 4 lines due to talent and not needing to shorten their bench. I don’t see TOI stats but my guess is he would play17-19 minutes a night.

Bedard is all Regina has so he would probably play 20-22 minutes. Weak teams with star forwards would be similar.

My take is his numbers are secondary. He is already drafted and the team can go all the way, so Patrick would want him playing the right way. The Sabres probably have a checklist that they gave him and I would guess defensive play, getting stronger and other details are what they would like to see.

He also didn't make Team Canada. 

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

And he hadn't been at their summer camp recovering from an injury.  That could've been a big part of not making the team.  That, & Canada iced a rather old squad this year.  Also a strike against him.

And he apparently rubbed Hockey Canada the wrong way by trying to force himself into exceptional status a few years back. Not that Hockey Canada would ever be governed by anything other than the utmost integrity.

When I saw Savoie live he was used like a standard 1st-line centre on a deep team. Regular shift, top PP. He played with Benson a top prospect for this year’s draft.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.