The Olofsson and Mittelstadt Problem

LGR4GM

5 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

With Tage we also have to remember he's played one season as a center (and Mitts takes extra-attacker draws for him, or did at the end of last season). He'll improve as he ages. A comparable would be Brian Boyle (6-6). Boyle started his career junky in the FO dot for 3 (partial-to-full seasons), then got over 50% and stayed there the rest of his career. Final career 50.1%. If Tage can win half, that's fine.

I'm guessing that's why Mitts is on PP1 instead of VO. I'd also consider sending Krebs down as the #1C in Rochester taking every draw imaginable if he's not going to get the ice-time in Buffalo. My preseason pick of leading FO % guy was Sheahan as he's done well in his career, but as of waivers today it looks like that pick is out the window.

Good point about Boyle. I forgot about him as a comparable. maybe Tage should watch old Brian Boyle videos to see how he did it. In any event, it's a part of his game he needs to work on. 

I was pretty skeptical about Mitts/Quinn/VO going into the Chicago game , but I was pleasantly surprised at how well they were able to gain possession and create chances in the O-zone, and it was borne out by the analytics cited upthread.  So maybe that line will work.  Quinn certainly looks better in the last couple of games than he did to start the season.

FWIW, I love Cozens, but he still needs more finish to his game.  I thought his line created chances with speed and forechecking vs Chicago but it seemed like he missed a number of shots and passes.

6 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I was pretty skeptical about Mitts/Quinn/VO going into the Chicago game , but I was pleasantly surprised at how well they were able to gain possession and create chances in the O-zone, and it was borne out by the analytics cited upthread.  So maybe that line will work.  Quinn certainly looks better in the last couple of games than he did to start the season.

FWIW, I love Cozens, but he still needs more finish to his game.  I thought his line created chances with speed and forechecking vs Chicago but it seemed like he missed a number of shots and passes.

There are times I find Cozens would benefit from being a touch more patient on some plays - he has the vision to capitalize on a developing play, but he sometimes seems only concerned with pushing the puck forward-and-centre as quickly as possible. 

Its easier to develop id wager than trying to force a guy to get more straight ahead, push the pace effort in one’s game, so I don’t think it’s a significant/will be a lingering issue, but I’d like to see him use his line mates a little more and maximize his offensive range 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.