Devils / Hurricanes

Orange Seats

I see Carolina winning this one:

NJ's winning streak is ready to come to an end. Plus they had a pretty easy first round, and some time off afterwords. This makes them well rested, but at this point in the playoffs I don't see this being a factor yet. I see the time off hurting their momentum. Carolina on the other hand is finally clicking again. They don't have enough time off to lose momentum, and they are getting strong goaltending from Cam Ward.

Canes in 6.

Ohh man, I'm getting flashbacks of Scott Stevens leveling Shane Willis and Ron Francis with amazing open ice hits...remember that series? I see this series going 7 games, with Carolina taking it. Their goaltending is suspect since Ward is only a rookie and has just recently taken over the #1 job for the playoffs, but I think their speed and offensive flair will be too much for the Devils. There's no question New Jersey is on fire right now, but this isn't the Rangers they are playing. Carolina is the real deal. The Devils know how to play their system, that is true, but it's hard to play the trap when you're coming from behind. IMO, that's the key to beating them...score early and often.

Devils in 6.

Hate to be the party pooper, but Jersey's for real. i understand that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, but that doesn't necessarily apply to momentum swings in hockey. Just because Jersey's won 15 games straight doesnt mean theyre ready to fall down. might just mean theyre good.

Devils in 6.

Hate to be the party pooper, but Jersey's for real. i understand that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, but that doesn't necessarily apply to momentum swings in hockey. Just because Jersey's won 15 games straight doesnt mean theyre ready to fall down. might just mean theyre good.

I don't think they are going to go from great to terrible. But they are going to cool off a little bit.

jersey in 6. They have 2 lines now and the counter so quickly its not funny. Only thing against them is the lay off and the Canes speed. Devils no longer play that D style of hockey anymore I watched a few of the last games and they can and will open it up if you let them. I hope they cooled off and lose to the Canes because I want this "new nhl" style to keep going and hopefully other teams will pick it up.

jersey in 6. They have 2 lines now and the counter so quickly its not funny. Only thing against them is the lay off and the Canes speed. Devils no longer play that D style of hockey anymore I watched a few of the last games and they can and will open it up if you let them. I hope they cooled off and lose to the Canes because I want this "new nhl" style to keep going and hopefully other teams will pick it up.

Do you think they're counterattacks will be as effective against Carolina? I don't think the Rangers are anywhere near as fast as the Canes. I can really see the Canes jumping out to an early lead, and really taking advantage when the Devils open it up, because the Devils D is not what it once was.

Looking back at the last match up of the regular season, where the Devils were playing their best hockey, and the Canes were at the beginning of a slump, the Devils pulled out a win in OT. I expect the Canes to be playing a little better, and the Devils to have cooled off a bit.

Do you think they're counterattacks will be as effective against Carolina? I don't think the Rangers are anywhere near as fast as the Canes. I can really see the Canes jumping out to an early lead, and really taking advantage when the Devils open it up, because the Devils D is not what it once was.

Looking back at the last match up of the regular season, where the Devils were playing their best hockey, and the Canes were at the beginning of a slump, the Devils pulled out a win in OT. I expect the Canes to be playing a little better, and the Devils to have cooled off a bit.

Yes I can see the devils counter being very effective within the top two lines. If carolinas lines 3 and 4 can beat the devils 3rd and 4th line then it will be close however Broduer will have the final say. The first goal is always huge when playing the devils as it usually is in ever series. I will enjoy watching these games, I do hope Im wrong picking the devils.

Archived