An interesting Filly message board thread

Eleven

The Flyers message boards: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Except if I look in Philadelphia itself, of course.

I read every message in those 25 pages. Started with whining because the Sabres are "divers." (No, jackasses, 180-lb skilled guys do fall when they're hit by 240-lb goons.) Ended with misery & blame on Hitchcock. (No, you're still not getting it. It's not Hitch; it's Clarke.) Loved every over-agressive and sad message.

Ottawa fans are much classier; I hope we see some here, and if anyone has a link to a good Ottawa board, please post it--a friendly exchange is always good. (Friendly. Not possible with Filly, but possible now.)

Except if I look in Philadelphia itself, of course.

I read every message in those 25 pages. Started with whining because the Sabres are "divers." (No, jackasses, 180-lb skilled guys do fall when they're hit by 240-lb goons.) Ended with misery & blame on Hitchcock. (No, you're still not getting it. It's not Hitch; it's Clarke.) Loved every over-agressive and sad message.

Ottawa fans are much classier; I hope we see some here, and if anyone has a link to a good Ottawa board, please post it--a friendly exchange is always good. (Friendly. Not possible with Filly, but possible now.)

Haha, 11 me too...I just read the first 23 pages, and am loving it. That thread went from lame to scary to just completely hilarious. The funny thing is, you come to understand why Philly is big and dumb and slow every year...it's exactly what their fans seem to want. No one is talking about how they need to pick up some more speed or more skilled players...all everyone is saying is how the Flyers are pu$$ie$ and need to "take the body more". That was hilarious. Those people hate the new NHL because they feel you can't play a physical type of game...when that's just not true. You can't play a physical game when you can't catch up to anyone to hit them.

What a great night!

As much as I enjoyed this(at times loop-sided series) i know that ottawa will play us much tougher and that is why an even more spectacular series is on the horizon, this series was good, but what is to come is gonna be great. possibly one of the greatest series in past years. Will the Top seed in the East follow the Top seed in the West? I don't know but i sure will ejoy viewing it as long as it stay close like i envision it.

Go sabres!!!

And Sabre fans lets get out and support our team at HSBC be4 all the sens faithful gobble up the tickets like we do our turkey on thanksgiving day. I hope to be there for game 3 and I can't wait!!!!!

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How pathetic. I am convinced some of those people are ready for the psych ward....the threats of violence and the profanity is unbelievable. And yet, it is so satisfying seeing them complain and complain and cry and cry!

What a game tonight. Look out Sens, because this team is on fire

As much as I enjoyed this(at times loop-sided series) i know that ottawa will play us much tougher and that is why an even more spectacular series is on the horizon, this series was good, but what is to come is gonna be great. possibly one of the greatest series in past years. Will the Top seed in the East follow the Top seed in the West? I don't know but i sure will ejoy viewing it as long as it stay close like i envision it.

Go sabres!!!

And Sabre fans lets get out and support our team at HSBC be4 all the sens faithful gobble up the tickets like we do our turkey on thanksgiving day. I hope to be there for game 3 and I can't wait!!!!!

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a shame Moe-ray-aal couldn't win tonight to make sure that Otter and Joisey fans weren't lining up (or going on line, whatever) at 9:00 AM tomorrow. The 2 extra days of Sabres fans buying tickets before those guys could would have ensured 95+% Sabres crowds. Fortunately, both teams have smallish followings in WNY and the NP so we shouldn't see more than 10% (15% tops) Otter sweaters in OUR HOUSE!

If the Sabres have gotten over the mental block of playing against this team (and the fact that they haven't when the Otters had their normal D playing makes me nervous), this will be a series for the ages. If they haven't, well they had a heck of a run and this should be very strong building block for future seasons. I'm not certain which way I think the chips will fall, but I do expect my picks on Friday afternoon to be someone in 6.

General Flyers discussion - Open letter to Bob Clarke Subscribe

To: ALL (1 of 79)

Dear Bob,

You've now spent 10+ years trying to recreate the 70s-era Broad St Bullies in a modern NHL. You lost to speedy, skill teams doing this before the recent rule changes (NJ, Ottawa, TB, Detroit) and you're losing to another speedy, skill team as I write this.

Your method of building teams DOES NOT WORK. This has been proven over a period of 10+ years, during which we've been swept in one Cup Finals and haven't gotten out of our own conference any other time.

I know you're stubborn as all hell, but it's time for a total and complete mindset adjustment within this organization. Losing 8-2 and 7-1 (and counting) in the same playoff series is not just disappointing, it's flat out embarassing for everyone involved with the team. The rest of the NHL is laughing at your latest sad, pathetic, failed attempt to recreate the glory days of your playing years with a bunch of big, slow muckers and grinders who are unable to make plays.

As a Flyers fan, I am EMBARASSED and the blame for this mess lies squarely on your shoulders. Do something about it or submit your resignation and give us someone who will adapt to a modern NHL. This team and its GM are an embarassment to its fans.

Signed,

A season ticket holder who left after tonight's 2nd period

Options Reply

Tip for Flyers Fans Subscribe

To: ALL (1 of 3)

Make sure to keep your left arm straight and bend you knees....

Pinehurst is really nice this time of year. You can tee off at 8AM Saturday and still have enough time to go to an NHL game that afternoon... Come on down!

Us Hockey fans were having trouble keeping up with the Flyers game. We Mayberrians were counting the Sabres Goals on our left hand and Flyers goals on the right. We dun had to take our shoe off to keep up with dem Sabres goals!!!

I really had to tune in at the end of the game to see the fans reaction.... I guessed right, very few cheers for a hard fought season riddled with injuries. They were drowned out by boos from the typical Philly fans.

See y'all next year.....

Go Canes

I haven't tried to post to correct them since after Game 2, when the board suspended registration because of the severe influx of intelligence from Sabres fans. But this impotent bloodlust is worth a look:

Poor babies.

:lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

I loved that thread. It just brings out that sniper picking off pedestrians in me.

Archived