Miller Should Definitely Start Game 4

CallawaySabres

Does anyone else get the feeling that any puck that is shot at him has a decent chance to go in. Most of the "great saves" that he has made thus far have been blasted to his chest area.

I believe he is the better goalie but I can't help getting the same feeling I had when Ron Pitts returned punts for the Bills. Everytime that ball went up in the air, I was just hoping he would catch it (more times than not, fumble) Every time the flyers wind up for a shot, it seems like he is a little shaky even on the nice saves.

When Biron is in, he always seems to come up with a few hasek like saves. I guess it is just more of a comfort factor - only time will tell

Does anyone else get the feeling that any puck that is shot at him has a decent chance to go in. Most of the "great saves" that he has made thus far have been blasted to his chest area.

I believe he is the better goalie but I can't help getting the same feeling I had when Ron Pitts returned punts for the Bills. Everytime that ball went up in the air, I was just hoping he would catch it (more times than not, fumble) Every time the flyers wind up for a shot, it seems like he is a little shaky even on the nice saves.

When Biron is in, he always seems to come up with a few hasek like saves. I guess it is just more of a comfort factor - only time will tell

A few weeks back I might have agreed, but not now.

The reason why Miller is always stopping saves in his chest is becuase he has terrific vision and side to side movement. he raley needs to make the "lights out save" or saves that look outragous because he is rarley caught out of position. Biron makes those types of saves from time to time because he does not have the lateral speed and vision that Miller possesess.

The reason why Miller is always stopping saves in his chest is becuase he has terrific vision and side to side movement. he raley needs to make the "lights out save" or saves that look outragous because he is rarley caught out of position. Biron makes those types of saves from time to time because he does not have the lateral speed and vision that Miller possesess.

Nice post. Miller does have great side to side movement. Anyone remember that one timer last night when he moved so quickly across the net ? He took it square in the chest but his body was positioned on the outside of the post.

I couldn't agree more. Miller is a great positional goaltender with great lateral movement. He hasn't had to make one in the playoffs yet, but in the regular season he had a few Hasek like saves.

i agree, miller has great positioning, and the lack of impressive saves comes down to him not needing them, but i also dont believe he's playing at his potential right now. i think he'll make it through this playoff series like this, im rather confident we can win the next two games even with only decent goaltending if the rest of our players outplay them the way they can, but if we play the devils in the next round, i seriously fear for our chances. Miller has to step it up and play like he played for the last few games of the regular season, or that stretch in midseason where he allowed a goal a game every night. he can do it, and with that kind of goaltending, i dont think anybody in the league is substantially more deserving of a cup than we might be, but if he lets in goals like the first one last night, dont count on going too deep. last few games he's just looked like he's fighting the puck. its something a goaltender can do and still play well for the most part, but it hurts eventually.

he may make me eat crow, but i think he'll have to play better to do it.

Did I miss something here? Was Game Four tonight and Buffalo got beat 8-5?

Miller has let in one bad goal in three games. There's no question that he is and will remain the #1.

i agree, miller has great positioning, and the lack of impressive saves comes down to him not needing them, but i also dont believe he's playing at his potential right now. i think he'll make it through this playoff series like this, im rather confident we can win the next two games even with only decent goaltending if the rest of our players outplay them the way they can, but if we play the devils in the next round, i seriously fear for our chances. Miller has to step it up and play like he played for the last few games of the regular season, or that stretch in midseason where he allowed a goal a game every night. he can do it, and with that kind of goaltending, i dont think anybody in the league is substantially more deserving of a cup than we might be, but if he lets in goals like the first one last night, dont count on going too deep. last few games he's just looked like he's fighting the puck. its something a goaltender can do and still play well for the most part, but it hurts eventually.

he may make me eat crow, but i think he'll have to play better to do it.

This, I totally agree with. Like I said, he is definitely our #1 but I hope he steps it up if we get to round 2.

Bring it on tonight Sabes!!!!!!

Miller has looked good in my opinion. He tends to make fewer spectacular saves because unlike Marty he tends to stay at home more. Biron moves out more to cut down angles where Miller seems to trust his ability to move laterally in the net and time the shooter.

3 games. 7 goals. 1 soft. 1 sorta soft. That is pretty damn good for 210 minutes of hockey.

i think it was Gange(spelling?) who was planted at the circle and was wide open for a one timer, the puck was along the boards and in the replay you could see miller spot gange, read the play, and sit on his one timer... througout the first two games, we were pretty lights out in our zone and havnt offered too many plays were miller really had to work, he is still a rookie in his first playoff series.. i think game 3 was a wake up call, hopefully hell find his groove after taking a good amount of shots in game three and really step up his game. i have full confidence in Miller, he is our goalie of the future and needs to be in net now...now that being said, if he takes a dump in the next game letting in soft goals and fights the puck all night, lindy might get antsy and pull the trigger on biron...but hey im just someone posting on a message board, they get paid to make those calls so they must know a hell of a lot more then me.

Archived