Playoff GDT 5/6/22 - Rochester @ Belleville 7:00 AHLV

inkman

23 hours ago, Ogre said:

I don’t think that state money should be involved. I’ve been in the camp that says sell for Tbucks and cash in on tax revenues. The BCA is too mono-cultural for the city to spend the money. 
Pegulas do manage so they do bare the burden of diversification I suppose. It’s a shame, the city should be more involved.

I was also in the old subway tunnel by BC building on South/Broad before they filled it in. The same scene.

They took the only safe place for the homeless and closed it off. Now they wonder why there are so many homeless people on the streets. Just like they closed tent city off the the South Ave. entrance to 490.

Just now, Claude Balls said:

They took the only safe place for the homeless and closed it off. Now they wonder why there are so many homeless people on the streets. Just like they closed tent city off the the South Ave. entrance to 490.

That was actually moved. There’s a compound on a side street by the old subway entrance across from Nick Tahoe’s. 

9 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

That was actually moved. There’s a compound on a side street by the old subway entrance across from Nick Tahoe’s. 

I knew they were gonna turn an empty parking lot off St. Paul into a "tent city". But I don't think it ever happened. I haven't heard about the one your talking about. Good though.

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I knew they were gonna turn an empty parking lot off St. Paul into a "tent city". But I don't think it ever happened. I haven't heard about the one your talking about. Good though.

Yep! I actually discovered it accidentally.

My pals and I were looking for ways down into the old underground subway around there and walked right by. The setup was kind of impressive and seemed communal.   

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/local-news/new-city-sanctioned-homeless-encampment-opens-in-rochester/amp/

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Yep! I actually discovered it accidentally.

My pals and I were looking for ways down into the old underground subway around there and walked right by. The setup was kind of impressive and seemed communal.   

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/local-news/new-city-sanctioned-homeless-encampment-opens-in-rochester/amp/

That's awesome!!!

Now Carolina up 4-0. Eat ***** Boston!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.