Playoff GDT 5/6/22 - Rochester @ Belleville 7:00 AHLV

inkman

14 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Artuu scored in OT on Wednesday and Murray tonight 

Arttu was awarded the goal but watching the replay it looks like Murray tipped it (and Arttu didn't).  It was discussed in the thread for the other game.

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, dudacek said:

First playoff series win for the organization since 2011.

The tide has finally turned.

And to think, all it took was letting more than 16 teams into the playoffs, a minor miracle of a TO based team choking BEFORE the playoffs, and OT 2 games in a row.

Having a little R2 Rou2 unit didn't hurt either. 😉

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Best of Five Series starts in Utica on Tuesday

Game 2 on Saturday 5/14 in Utica 

Game 3 on Sunday 5/15 in Rochester 

Game 4 Tuesday 5/17 in Rochester 

Game 5 Thursday 5/19 in Utica 

What's with the huge time between Games 1 & 2?

• Thanks (+1) 1

Was at the game tonight. Some thoughts:

- I give credit to the d corps. They moved the puck well and took some big hits to make plays

-Dell had some good saves but he got some breaks that he gets away with in the AHL but the NHL players would eat him up on. He totally lost his angle on the face off goal.

-Belleville just didn’t have the high end skill to be difference makers. Especially up front where they just grind.

-R2 was a difference maker. Krebs was great with the puck on his stick. JJ battles. I would like to see Quinn assert himself more. He wasn’t bad but he can do more. He almost finished it in OT.

-Nice to see R2 and Murray hook up for the winner after R2 missed on the breakaway and Murray had a brutal turnover that Dell bailed him out on.

-being there live and up close it is amazing how much quicker it is then when watching on tv.

-Amerks blocked a ton of shots.

-hopefully Muel can play next series. Fitzgerald makes a big difference, Muel would even more.

-Good crowd. Nice arena to watch, love the Olympic ice. Belleville has always been a huge hockey town. Glad they got the Sens after losing the Bulls to Hamilton.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3

2 hours ago, pastajoe said:

Glad that’s over. I didn’t think they’d win game 3.

I don’t give them much of a chance vs Utica, but at least they’ll get playoff experience.

Thanks for the updates sir.  Was checking in here every 15 minutes or so to see what was happening!

Likely going to try hit up one of the two games vs Utica in Rochester (15th or 17th).  If Quinn starts rolling and we get Matthias back, I like their chances of advancing vs Utica.  Tough team though, they dropped a few to them this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

How the hell does Belleville support an AHL team? I know it's Canada, but that town is like the size of Batavia. And their arena is like a D3 college barn. Just over 4 grand capacity. RIT has a nicer rink, by far.

It’s a bummer, because Binghamton lost their team, and they are a classic, great AHL town. 

I went to a game in Belleville a few year ago. Felt like a high school game. They were selling snacks from card tables. The people were nice, though. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

It’s a bummer, because Binghamton lost their team, and they are a classic, great AHL town. 

I went to a game in Belleville a few year ago. Felt like a high school game. They were selling snacks from card tables. The people were nice, though. 

Binghamton had the Black Bears in the FPHL this season.  It’s a weekend league a level below the ECHL, but they still averaged around 1,900 fans.

1 minute ago, pastajoe said:

Binghamton had the Black Bears in the FPHL this season.  It’s a weekend league a level below the ECHL, but they still averaged around 1,900 fans.

It’s my favorite arena to watch hockey in. Small place, where the seats are steep and right on top of the ice. You won’t find better sight lines anywhere. 

12 minutes ago, kas23 said:

To allow Muel to fully heal. 

And Davidson. Everyone wrote him off and thought he was done for the year, but he’s often been the teams best defenseman when he plays. If they can get both back, they’ll probably run something like this out there:

Schuldt - Fitzgerald 

Samuelsson - Prow

Davidson - Alt

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

What's with the huge time between Games 1 & 2?

Probably to maximize crowd with a Saturday game.

Plus Wed in Utica there’s a Medieval Fine Arts & Crafts Market Faire, Thurs is a Tai Chi class at the library, and Fri there’s a Rummage and Homemade Apple Pie Sale.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Amerks8796 said:

They have fixed it up for the AHL. Real nice fan zone with a bar, couple higher end concession stands. Perfect size arena for the AHL.

20 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So did I see the @Derrico family on my TV last night - young Dad, dark rim glasses, white Sabres sweater with blue sleeves, sitting with Mom and kids?

Darn.  No I was rocking my blue Dahlin jersey (no glasses), wife had on a blue Eichel (which we tapped a paper 'Krebs' nameplate over), one son had a 50th anniversary gold Dahlin jersey and littlest guy had a blue Eichel (which we also tapped a 'Krebs' over haha).

It's amazing how Sabres fans all find each other when out.  Two minutes leaving our car in the parking lot someone comes up to us saying how he's a big Sabres fan too and should have wore his Ryan Miller jersey.  We met several other fans with Sabres jerseys throughout the night.  @Flashsabre - you didn't come up to me and say hello at the second intermission did you?  Someone wearing a white Sabres jersey did just to say they noticed we all had our Sabres gear on.  I got thinking after if that was you or not?

Belleville arena staff were good enough to take a nice photo of the four of us (I'll see if I can figure out how to post) while the Amerks were warming up pregame.  I had a nice conversation with Quinn's grandfather at the intermission right before OT (his grandparents sat right beside us and mom and step dad right in front).  They're from Compton Ontario and went to all of his games when he played at Ottawa but not as many now in Roch.  His mom and step dad seem nice as well.  Really seem like good people.  Especially his grandfather, reminds me of my late and great.  Having said that, I thought Jack's game overall wasn't the greatest from my vantage point (but keep in mind I was running to the bathroom with the kids and/or up buying them pretzels and nachos all night so I did miss parts of the game).

Anyways, was a great night overall.  Especially with the good guys winning.  I'll definitely make note when Rochester is on the calendar coming to Belleville next year and make a point of going.  As someone already suggested, I may have to ask for some Roch swag for Christmas this year!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.