GDT: Blue Jackets vs Sabres 2/10/22 7 pm MSG ESPN +

bob_sauve28

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I feel bad for the hardcore Buffalo fans that support both of them I would go nuts if both of my teams sucked that long yikes..

A couple of things my dad would say:

Make like the wind and blow. (even if it’s not in your “job” description).

Make like a tree and leave.

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

A few observations in no particular order from last night's game.

They seemed to not realize the league wasn't taking the Olympic break in the 1st, but woke up in the 2nd.  That's one thing (among others) they need to fix before next season.  After having a few days off,, they need to come ready to play.  Fortunately their longest break after February is 3 days & that only happens once.

It won't be on the highlights as the play was in the Sabres zone by the time e therefore gave him the boost.  Weird.

While we're discussing Tuch, as enticing as having Krebs & Tuch on the same line is, really don't want to pull Skinner off Alex's line.  We've found the ONE player in the entire league that Skinner can effectively pass the puck to & don't want to mess that up.  😉  Though Skinner CAN'T hit the post w/ a wide open net off that feed from Tuch in the 1st.)

Wtf is Dahlin's goal song?  They played it for about 4 minutes waiting for the video review & it epitomizes what you'd expect to hear in a Euro version of a Pokémon video game.  Love the player, but he really needs to never score another goal at home.  😉

Krebs was finding the puck like crazy, but his passing was waaaaay off.  Expecting it was due to a lack of playing much w/ his linemates as he was clearly expecting them to zig, but they zapped & the puck was turned over or given back to Tokarski from the offensive zone.  D'OH!

Also looking forward to him bulking up a bit as he was getting ragdolled at times by BJ D-men.  But it never stopped him from going after the puck nor to the front of the net.

Merzerklins was bad.  Tokarski said, "hold my beer."  Not sure why he got the start over Anderson.  That decision likely cost them a point.

Hayden has an excuse for making poor plays - he just doesn't have NHL baseline skills.  Wtf is Bjork's excuse?  Really think he simply doesn't have "hockey smarts."  Can't wait for him to be supplanted.

Nice pass from Jankowski to Mr. Leatherman (he may not be the ideal tool for the job, but he can get just about any job done) Kyle Okposo.

Will Olofsson EVER buy another goal?  Bounced a shot off the far post right after Dahlin's goal that looked like it would go.

Lots of great points so I omitted and summarized a few responses:

Gotta be ready to play in the 1st and gotta be able to close out the game in the 3rd (especially when we score in the first minute).

The refs also blew a quick injured-player whistle when whomever-it-was whiffed on Fitz.

Tuch and Skinner is a good combo. I'd still put Mitts with them and put Thompson with our Swedes if Krebs can't stick around to build chemistry with them.

Let the Euro kids have their music!

Krebs was a badass on the forecheck last night.

Toker played well the first two periods, but had two he needed to stop. That's where a bona fide NHL-caliber goalie is holding this team back from the next level up (on par with the Detroit/Ottawa/Columbus of the league).

Bjork should be gone. It doesn't matter if GM Sheevyn got him in the Hall deal. It doesn't matter if he's from Wisconsin or that Skoren de Goalen is a great meme, he's a mid-round pick talent and doesn't use his speed enough to his advantage. He's got to go. I'd waive him and keep Krebs in the lineup when it's time. Others can learn to kill penalties. And if this season is a write off for learning (I mean, if Dahlin/Joker is a PK tandem) then other forwards can kill penalties. Bring back Caggiula (when healthy). But Hayden also has hands of stone.

Jankowski is the best 13th forward they've got.

Olofsson's wraparound was almost in and almost an assist for Asplund. Keep them with Krebs (and play Mitts elsewhere). The hopium says they just need one to get it going.

3 hours ago, FogBat said:

It’s called “deconstructing”, which seems to work well sometimes on Chopped.

The Sabres have been rocking deconstructionism as their preferred approach of franchise-building since the Pegulas purchased the team. Maybe they're just really big into art theory.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

The Sabres have been rocking deconstructionism as their preferred approach of franchise-building since the Pegulas purchased the team. Maybe they're just really big into art theory.

Not at first. Before The Extent of the Rebuild was Terry's call, The Extent of the Spending Spree was his call. Darcy was challenged to create a plan. Terry didn't like it. The result was the owner deciding to spend bigly on Ehrhoff, Regehr and Leino, something Darcy would never have done. "It was my decision." The first Pegula Plan's failure led to teardowns and tanking. The original sin was Terry not trusting Darcy. We are paying for it to this day. All because Terry coached his kid in Olean and had seasons in the Aud and thought he knew something. He saw that kid Christian skatin' reeeeeal fast in the 2011 playoffs and had to have him and other shiny toys. The rest is history.

I have the receipts. Go ***** yourself.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Not at first. Before The Extent of the Rebuild was Terry's call, The Extent of the Spending Spree was his call. Darcy was challenged to create a plan. Terry didn't like it. The result was the owner deciding to spend bigly on Ehrhoff, Regehr and Leino, something Darcy would never have done. "It was my decision." The first Pegula Plan's failure led to teardowns and tanking. The original sin was Terry not trusting Darcy. We are paying for it to this day. All because Terry coached his kid in Olean and had seasons in the Aud and thought he knew something. He saw that kid Christian skatin' reeeeeal fast in the 2011 playoffs and had to have him and other shiny toys. The rest is history.

I have the receipts. Go ***** yourself.

That's true, they did give open spending on recent playoff performers (Leino, Ehrhoff) the old college try before blowing it up. Not sure if the final sentiment is for myself or Darth Pegulas.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.