Three Fan Stars

PASabreFan

And now tonight's Three Fan Stars...

Third fan star ... el crusho! I don't know how heavy that Cup is, but this dude must have some serious guns by now. Mrs. el crusho isn't bad either.

Second fan star ... whoever started the "USA" chant. Or should I say restarted it? It brings back memories of Ryan's dominant stretch of play this season -- and I bet it got under Esche's skin.

And tonight's First Fan Star... the little kid who, after Pominville's third goal, took his helmet off. So funny. MSG cut away, but you know he was going to try to toss it onto the ice!

And now tonight's Three Fan Stars...

Third fan star ... el crusho! I don't know how heavy that Cup is, but this dude must have some serious guns by now. Mrs. el crusho isn't bad either.

Second fan star ... whoever started the "USA" chant. Or should I say restarted it? It brings back memories of Ryan's dominant stretch of play this season -- and I bet it got under Esche's skin.

And tonight's First Fan Star... the little kid who, after Pominville's third goal, took his helmet off. So funny. MSG cut away, but you know he was going to try to toss it onto the ice!

Come on Marko, Crusho definitely has it over USA guy.

Kudos to all the Sabres fans...I don't think I heard that horrible "Let's Go Sab-res" chant once last night.

Also, I think the crowd really showed Buffalo's hockey knowledge last night. They were going nuts after the first PK by the Sabres, where I think the Flyers got the puck over center ice once. The standing ovation at the end of the 1st period and again for the last minute of the game were classic.

"Let's go Sabres" might be terrible, but it goes way back in team history. The fans were doing that chant in pivotal game 5 at the Aud against the Habs in 1975. So how bad can it be? I actually discovered that listening to an old recording I got my hands on. So the idea that "Let's go Buffalo" is traditional and "Let's go Sabres" is something the younger fans like to do is wrong. There's a place for both. Let the fans decide.

honorable mention to whoever started the goal chant...i love that one. i don't know when it started, but i was very psyched to hear "...4...5...6...7...WE WANT EIGHT!!"

and then a couple minutes later, we got it! :)

That was a great one to hear. I had a small tear in my eye. :D

My favorit chant by far was the inventive ending to the "Chicken dance". I'm originally from Bufalo and live in Rochester now. I was laughing that this could only happen in Buffalo......that they would be even playing the chicken dance, and that the Sabres fans would tag it with...."da da da da da da dah....the flyers suck". Even my buddy Flyer fan who was in full Flyer grear though it was funny.

Second favorite was the "roooobbbbeeerrtt.......rooooobbbeeert" chant whan Esche save percentage was .500. Freaking funny.

Third was the Campbells Smoked Uemberger Soup sign up by Mairs Office. Funny! (By the way, Mair is my favorit Sabre, and I miss him, but after watching the way Roy plays, there maybe a close second......get well Adam!)

My flyer buddy said if the blimp got anywhere near him he was gonn dive out and flatten it and be "that guy" on ESPN. I told him it was a good thing I drove to the game or I was sure we'd be going home after the first period.

Finally, is the wave the dumbest thing ever. People.....there was a game going on, and you guys and girls were putting your outstretched hands in my way every time it went around the Arena. Next time you get the urge to do the wave, just go out in the hallways and do the Macerena instead.

honorable mention to whoever started the goal chant...i love that one. i don't know when it started, but i was very psyched to hear "...4...5...6...7...WE WANT EIGHT!!"

and then a couple minutes later, we got it! :)

With the count-up to No. 8, it was a kid--about 10 years old or so--in section 306, just over my left shoulder. His father was proud enough to curse once the crowd picked it up: "You started that sh*t!"

Same kid, a few minutes earlier, had shouted "C'mon Pommer, I wanna see another hat trick!"

I forgot to ask him what tonight's Mega Millions numbers are.

Archived