Per The Athletic Sabres Season Tickets Sales are estimated at less than 6,500

Brawndo

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

I won't even watch the NHL this season. The Sabres have made me hate following the sport. A very sad state in Buffalo for sure.

Wow. I’m the opposite. I love the game/sport first and foremost. I could watch any age group, both sexes, and any skill level and enjoy the sport of hockey.  As far as the NHL, I’ll do my usual of watching various teams that are nationally televised. And enjoy it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

I won't even watch the NHL this season. The Sabres have made me hate following the sport. A very sad state in Buffalo for sure.

I agree. The Pegula era has really taken its toll on the fans.  My love for the game  has also waned drastically. 😞

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Wow. I’m the opposite. I love the game/sport first and foremost. I could watch any age group, both sexes, and any skill level and enjoy the sport of hockey.  As far as the NHL, I’ll do my usual of watching various teams that are nationally televised. And enjoy it.

It's just like baseball for me, since Buffalo does not have a professional team, I don't want the sport. I feel like Buffalo does not even have an NHL team so my interest in watching others has almost completely faded away. 

It's more than Buffalo being bad in the standings, the players have absolutely no appeal to me and the style of play is completely unwatchable and boring.

18 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

The vast, vast majority of football revenue comes from TV rather than ticket revenue. It's part of it, but not the lions share. Hockey is different because they don't have a colossal TV deal.

I am aware.  But if someone said your share of say, 520k tickets sold (8 games at ~90% capacity for Highmark) it's still 50M in revenue, and after splitting 60/40 with the opponent (last I knew this was the breakdown) it's still ~30M in revenue. 

18 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

The Sabres were losing 40-60 mil per season prior to Covid?  I doubt that unless Mr and Mrs Moneybags are using some form of creative accounting. 

I will take back my contention given that, according to the BN, they lost about 11M in 2019-20.  Don't see losses surpassing that level for previous season. 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabres/sabres-lost-10-9-million-value-dropped-in-2020-according-to-forbes/article_9e2c7828-3a3b-11eb-b9e4-17ec3fa4b12d.html

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.