Sabres signing John Hayden to 1yr deal

LGR4GM

20 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Honestly I can't believe people are actually happy with these signings right now its quite embarrassing.

I'll hear The same thing I've heard for 10 years 

-Oh it's only the 2nd day of free agency.

- Has the season started yet ?

Same ***** different year

Who would you like them to sign that would get you excited? I’m asking in all seriousness….the plan is clear…they don’t plan on winning very much next year.

5 hours ago, I-90 W said:

Hayden is one of those guys who will stick up for his teammates, but definitely won’t “win” any fights. He kind of just grabs people and then swirls around and tries to wrestle them. It’s a start I guess.

Looks to me  like he beat Marcus Foligno cleanly in one of their bouts.  He holds up.  Not a natural or comfortable fighter but not a guy who backs down.  

Looking at the roster it’s clear we are going to lose a lot of games, some by big numbers.  When this happens frustrations run high and teams with big leads often take liberties (Boston, Philly, even Tampa).  We actually need two guys like this, not one.   

Good signing given our situation.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Weave said:

I'll be the first to say it.  I hope this guy is in the lineup every frigging night.  The number sniffers are going to scorn him like they did D Lo.  You are missing the point.  This guy is going to be the player that keeps the kids digging in the corners and along the boards.  He'll be their spine when every Philly player is trying to goad Rasmus into dropping his gloves.  And he's going to save Cozens hands so he's using them to make sweet dishes instead of beating on some other guys helmet.

Unless they get someone who can play hockey & fill his role he is necessary in this lineup.  They lost McCabe & Borgen, the only 2 guys they had (besides Cozens) that have shown a willingness to stand up for teammates.

Can't recall, will Hagg stand up?  They really need at least 1 D-man who will as well as the 4th liner.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Unless they get someone who can play hockey & fill his role he is necessary in this lineup.  They lost McCabe & Borgen, the only 2 guys they had (besides Cozens) that have shown a willingness to stand up for teammates.

Can't recall, will Hagg stand up?  They really need at least 1 D-man who will as well as the 4th liner.

Tage took a punch for the team, too 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Tage took a punch for the team, too 

Forgot that.  🍺

Am more willing to watch him hit people than Cozens, but like Cozens if he messes up his hands his value to this team drops precipitously.  (Not that his value is close to where Cozens should top out, but you get the point.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.