Draft Lottery (June 2) Thread And Who Sabres Should Draft Thread (All in one!)

bob_sauve28

19 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

I dont agree about Cozens nor Beniers not eventually having the potential to be a #1  

Of course, they don't have Beniers yet  though in general i don't disagree, ideally they get back a centre.  

But Kakko, Lafreniere and K'andre Miller would be a tough deal for the Kings or Ducks to beat,   

My feeling is that the Rangers trade is completely Pie in The Sky..the actually deal would be much less

I always figured they aren't trading kakko and Lafreniere.  

So i'd have it drawn up as: 

Strome (replacement center for 1 year and to help dollars), Chytil (middle 6 winger), Miller (top level prospect), and picks.  I'd try and get Georgiev in the deal as well since we have 0 goaltending.

18 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The Kings can easily beat the Rangers deal. 

Kings deal would be challenging - you almost have to get Quick in the deal (unless they're willing to part with their captain).  Because I'm taking on basically dead money - I'd want 1 of byfield/turcotte, and 1 of vilardi/Kaliyev. 

Which is probably asking a lot - but they'd still likely have centers of Eichel, Kopitar, Byfield for the forseeable future.  Get out of 2 years and almost 12 million owed quick.  They'd need help at winger but thats a lot easier to fill with all stars and potential all stars down the middle.  

Buffalo would walk away with at least another center coming back - and flexibility on what to do with reinhart and how to fill out lines.  They also get a goalie - albeit a bad one.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.