Game 1 watch: other playoff teams

JujuFish

Tampa 1 (Lecavalier)

Ottawa 4 (Havlat, Spezza, Fisher, Alfredsson)

FINAL

Edmonton 2 (Samsonov, Pronger)

Detroit 3 (Lang, Maltby 2)

FINAL/2OT

San Jose 3 (Smith, Ekman, S. Thornton)

Nashville 4 (Sillinger, Erat, Weber, Hall)

FINAL

Anaheim 1 (Friesen)

Calgary 2 (Amonte, McCarty)

FINAL/OT

Rangers 1 (Prucha)

Devils 6 (Elias 2, Gomez, Klee, Rafalski, Langenbrunner)

FINAL

Colorado 5 (Hejduk, Wolski, Blake, Liles, Clark)

Dallas 2 (Morrow, Guerin)

FINAL

Montreal 6 (Bouillon, Bonk, Kovalev 2, Higgins, Souray)

Carolina 1 (Cullen)

FINAL

At the moment, Tampa Bay has a 1-0 lead over Ottawa, Edmonton over Detroit 2-1, San Jose and Nashville knotted up at 1 each.

Looks like there's definitely potential for game 1 upsets.

Edit: Nashville has a 2-1 lead now

Edmonton is up 2-1 now, and Tampa is holding strong. Don't care for Tampa, but I'd love to see them knock out the Sens. Edmonton, and every other Canadian team that's not in Buffalo's way, I do like, and so I'm pulling for them, too. Plus, it's against the Red Wings, whose self-proclamation as the capital of American hockey always has pissed me off.

Even more important than the scores, the reffing in the Ottawa game and what I have seen of the other two has been excellent.

They are letting the guys hit hard and if they use their sticks to hook / impede their opponent they are getting the gate. Looks like Bettman's edict is getting followed. Let's hope whoever refs the Sabres - Phlyers games got the same memo. If they did, Philly will have a very tough time. They (for the most part) simply cannot skate with the Sabres.

Stinking OLN.

Because OLN is planning on showing the Calgary game after the Detroit game is over, I can't get the Calgary game on CI. $%!!@@#$^. I was all set to watch the CBC coverage of the Calgary game, but the Ottawa feed cut out on DirecTV. This is mildly annoying. Hopefully Edmonton will win about 20 seconds into OT so I can watch the Calgary game.

BTW, Giguerre is not playing tonight for Anaheim. CBC is speculating that JS has a lower body injury.

Stinking OLN.

Because OLN is planning on showing the Calgary game after the Detroit game is over, I can't get the Calgary game on CI. $%!!@@#$^. I was all set to watch the CBC coverage of the Calgary game, but the Ottawa feed cut out on DirecTV. This is mildly annoying. Hopefully Edmonton will win about 20 seconds into OT so I can watch the Calgary game.

BTW, Giguerre is not playing tonight for Anaheim. CBC is speculating that JS has a lower body injury.

If it's any comfort to you, CBC is showing the OT on broadcast and not the first period of Calgary v. some SoCal town that doesn't need or care about hockey. It's not DTV that's screwing you.

Thank god I live in Buffalo and get CBC(Hockey Night In Canada). They showed the Edmonton/Detroit game, and now Calgary/Anaheimn, and will be going back and forth.

Nashville Wins, 4-3

RED WINGS WIN!11111111!!!!!!!1!@@!@@!!@#@#$!241@!!@11115 I'm good with my predictions so far...

I think I saw the first example of "putting away the whistle" in the first Wing-Oiler overtime. An Oiler shot the puck in from outside the blue line, went to chase it down and was grabbed by the Wing defenseman. No penalty. Will this ref be "put away"? Did anyone else see that? Am I nuts?

I think I saw the first example of "putting away the whistle" in the first Wing-Oiler overtime. An Oiler shot the puck in from outside the blue line, went to chase it down and was grabbed by the Wing defenseman. No penalty. Will this ref be "put away"? Did anyone else see that? Am I nuts?

I also saw it. Agreed that it should have been a penalty; let's see what happens.

McCreary was one ref. Who was the other? Who gets suspended by the NHL? :) Seriously, it's put up or shut up time for Bettman. Oh... that's not what Gary meant? Do you have to blow 15 calls in one game to get sent on early vacation?

McCreary was one ref. Who was the other? Who gets suspended by the NHL? :) Seriously, it's put up or shut up time for Bettman. Oh... that's not what Gary meant? Do you have to blow 15 calls in one game to get sent on early vacation?

If they only missed 1 call in OT, I don't think they should get sat for the rest of the playoffs. If they missed 3 or 4, they should be gone. They did a very good job of calling penalties during regulation. (From what I saw; I was watching much more of the Otter game as Brickley's voice gives me headaches.) They even called a penalty with less than 2 minutes left in regulation. That would not have happened in '04.

From what I saw of OT (was flipping back and forth between that and Snarks game), I didn't see any blatently missed calls with the possible exception of a Ryan Smith embellishment. If they did miss more than the 1 you pointed out, they should be taken to task; but if all they missed was 1, I have a hard time in saying "hang 'em up boys, we'll call you next year".

Archived