Sabres make NHL history tonight!

matter2003

12 hours ago, Chris223 said:

If we go into Tampa and beat them again, I will truly believe this is an elite team.  The scary thing is we still see the flaws of a growing team every game, and believe that they’ll keep improving.

Tampa will be the best test. During this win streak that is the 1 game that they seemed, IMHO, to have been fairly significantly outplayed and NOT the better team on the ice.  (Though Hutton bailed them out & the final score said they WERE the better team that night.)

Other games they were outplayed some (e.g. Jets & Wild) but earned the win. 

This is the measuring stick game.  Win it, and they are up there deservingly.  Lose it, and learn how much farther they need to go.

As long as we play a good game, I'm OK with a loss in Tampa as that would be a worthy adversary to surrender the streak to.

They can't win ALL of them.

Not that I want to see us lose by any means, but I am curious to see how this team responds once we do lose.  It will be very important IMO for them to get right back to the same level of play and get the next win on the books once they do lose.

Absolutely can't fall into some type of losing skid and throw away the point situation we have built for ourselves.

But that discussion is for the future.  

Now I just want to see us find a way to win in Tampa!

43 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Tampa will be the best test. During this win streak that is the 1 game that they seemed, IMHO, to have been fairly significantly outplayed and NOT the better team on the ice.  (Though Hutton bailed them out & the final score said they WERE the better team that night.)

Other games they were outplayed some (e.g. Jets & Wild) but earned the win. 

This is the measuring stick game.  Win it, and they are up there deservingly.  Lose it, and learn how much farther they need to go.

On one level I agree with you.

On another, it’s been so long since they had a stinker, when they finally lose it really can’t mean anything.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.