Taking camp questions: Jack Eichel

dudacek

Jack Eichel  

33 members have voted

1. 1. This season Jack Eichel will:

• Emerge as a legitimate top 10 NHL scorer and franchise centre
    • Have a career season but still leave those expecting elite wanting more
    • Stagnate with another 65-point year that starts the fanbase turning on him

I don’t recall the team entering the season with so many questions.

I don’t mean the usual list of “is Larsson a good enough 4th line centre,” or “will Baptiste make the team” questions, I mean players in key roles who could have the success or failure of this season in their hands.

Over the next little while, I want to post a series of polls addressing key issues facing the team that should be answered this season. Hopefully they will spark some good debate.

We start with the man everyone expects to be named captain.

Edited by dudacek

51 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I expected Jack to break out last year.

I’m going to expect it this year too. Too many tools, too much competitive edge.

90 points is within reach, even if he plays with Pominville and Berglund.

I want this to be true but I can't believe it in my heart. He's not Sid or McDavid. Which doesn't mean he can't be MacKinnon

If he plays >74 games, he'll record >74 points.  That'd be a career year, but it won't put him in top 10 points (which was 89+ points this past year).

There's an alright chance that his wingers may elevate their own game, enabling him to break 90, which is a threshold that he himself is capable of, but not with dirt or injured wingers.  It correlates to team success somewhat, as well.  Of the top 12 point-getters (86+ points) last year, every one except McDavid was on a team that made the playoffs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.