Chris Collins

inkman

I know lots of you watched the Frozen Four and should at least be aware of Collins by now. He basically came out of no where this year and put up ridiculous numbers. I think he is a free agent to sign anywhere, because he wasn't drafted. He's small but I think it would be worth a look at least with the Amerks. (it doesn't hurt he's from my hometown and my bro went to high school with him)

Oh yeah and he was a runner up in the hobey baker.

Yea, I think certainly a lot of those players who played in the frozen four are going to get a closer look from teams than before. I don't think Collins' size would be a big factor considering the new rules make it easier for smaller guys to survive in the NHL. Certainly worth a look...I mean the Amerks did bring in Domenic Noel for a while....if you're not familiar with him, Noel was on that show called "Making the Cut" that aired on CBC in 2004. He didn't win the competition (the winners received a pro tryout with each of the Canadian NHL teams), yet Rocha cha still gave him a look....

In an interview with the Boston Globe before the finals, he said his dream is to play for the Sabres. His family has (had) seasons to the Sabres and he would never miss a game. I believe his exact words were playing for the Sabres "would border on fantasy" for him.

He's not exactly a team player, but I guess those kind of issues can change with time.

Oh, and I can't help but laugh at the picture I saw of him crying after the game on saturday. Can you tell that I don't like this guy?

I don't know much about him personally, what makes you say this?

I don't know much about him personally, what makes you say this?

I have family working in the BC administration and I've heard a few stories about him. I'd rather not get into them, but basically, hockey isn't his top priority. Just imagine the kind of player he could be if it was.

I have family working in the BC administration and I've heard a few stories about him. I'd rather not get into them, but basically, hockey isn't his top priority. Just imagine the kind of player he could be if it was.

Well, I don't know exactly what you are referring to and I don't really need to know but I can understand. My brother is a two sport collegiate athlete and I know for a fact that neither coach is too happy when the other season is going on. It's his choice and people should respect it.

Archived