Rochester 2018-19

Sabre1974

With hopefully Ullmark, Guhle and Smith being brought up next year who are we likely to see replace them in Rochester

Thoughts from the list below??

Forwards:

Hagel

Pu

Asplund

Oloffson

Davidsson

Mittlestadt

Defense:

Fitzgerald

Borgen

Goalie:

Johansson

The only two we can really fully speculate on in Roch next season are Johannson (stepping in for Ullmark) and Pu, who has signed his ELC.

The college guys, Fitz, Mittelstud, and Borgen have to be signed in the off-season (or as soon as their college year ends). I expect all three to sign however, but Mittelstud may go directly to the NHL.

The Euros, like Olofsson, Davidsson and Asplund also need to be signed. Asplund is the only one I’m pretty sure Jbot will want here for next year. I wouldn’t mind seeing what Olofsson can do, but his size is a definite negative. I suspect Davidsson stays another year in Sweden.

On D look for Budik to get a contract. He played very well for the Czechs in the WJC.

By the way, a good number of the players have another year on their deals. Cornel, Criscuolo, Tennyson, Porter, Fedun, Nylander, all have at least another year. Plus Bailey, Malone, Smith, Baptiste, Griffith, Nelson and Fasching are all RFAs

Edited by Georgia Flakt

The only two we can really fully speculate on in Roch next season are Johannson (stepping in for Ullmark) and Pu, who has signed his ELC.

The college guys, Fitz, Mittelstud, and Borgen have to be signed in the off-season (or as soon as their college year ends). I expect all three to sign however, but Mittelstud may go directly to the NHL.

The Euros, like Olofsson, Davidsson and Asplund also need to be signed. Asplund is the only one I’m pretty sure Jbot will want here for next year. I wouldn’t mind seeing what Olofsson can do, but his size is a definite negative. I suspect Davidsson stays another year in Sweden.

On D look for Budik to get a contract. He played very well for the Czechs in the WJC.

By the way, a good number of the players have another year on their deals. Cornel, Criscuolo, Tennyson, Porter, Fedun, Nylander, all have at least another year. Plus Bailey, Malone, Smith, Baptiste, Griffith, Nelson and Fasching are all RFAs

Budik likely will get a contract. But beware of the McNabb effect w/ him. Against the Russians he had limited ice time on the 3rd pairing & was no impressive.

After that, he was primarily paired w/ Hajek and looked better but got no PP time & only 2nd PK pairing. Hajek was VERY good all tournament. Hoping Budik turns into a good one, but not sold on him yet.

Not positive how much of his good play was due to playing w/ Hajek, much like McNabb was LA's 5/6 but played on the top pair because Doughty's just that good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.