Housley's System

LGR4GM

Housley said they break the season up into 7 game segments to make it follow the playoff series format. 

Towards the end of the video in here: https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/buffalo-sabres-jack-eichel-jason-pominville-evander-kane-line/c-292500112

What do the break-up Eichel/Kane have to say about the statistical argument there that the line has been among the league’s best at even-stength?

What do the break-up Eichel/Kane have to say about the statistical argument there that the line has been among the league’s best at even-stength?

Zemgus on that line produced 3goals at 5v5 versus the 6 goals at 5v5 that line has produced with Kane, which was together longer? 

In 22minutes at 5v5 Zemgus - Eichel - Pommers had 3goals for and 1 against

In 86minutes at 5v5 KANE - Eichel - Pommers had 6goals for and 3 against 

You are talking more than 11 goals for 5v5 for that first line if they had the second lines TOI together. Granted we have a small sample size but still, odd they were broken up when they were clearly producing. 

I personally think you need a grittier guy on that line so if you use Kane as your scorer Pommer is the wrong guy to be the third and vice versa if you have Pommer then not Kane. I know Kane can be considered gritty, but that's not really his style lately. Zemgus is much better in that role.  Bailey should be that guy too, but he just wont' use his body.

I personally think you need a grittier guy on that line so if you use Kane as your scorer Pommer is the wrong guy to be the third and vice versa if you have Pommer then not Kane. I know Kane can be considered gritty, but that's not really his style lately. Zemgus is much better in that role.  Bailey should be that guy too, but he just wont' use his body.

Wonder if there is a guy in Rochester.. say Baptiste who could fill that bill.   Just saying... Smith may be too small, but at least he can skate.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.