Toronto takes 2 from Buff

GASabresIUFAN

The Browns (Cleveland) were undefeated in the preseason!........ and have not won a game so far during the regular season....... so, not to worry wrt the Sabres preseason W/L record.

I am a Browns fan, .................... and one of the steps to recovery is to admit it.

You realize Arvidsson was drafted at 20. Spent 1 year in the AHL and then at 22 was established in the NHL.

Bailey is now 22, with 2 seasons of AHL experience and he may or may not make the Sabres as a 4th liner.

Baptiste is now also 22 and won't make the Sabres.

Fasching is now 22 and also won't make the Sabres.

Let me try again. Arvidsson was drafted in 2014 at the age of 20. His bday is in April so we thankfully can count years easily. in 2012/2013 He played the year in the SHL as an 19yr old pro. His draft year he played again a full pro year in the SHL. He had played 99 professional games by the time he was drafted at the age of 20. For his 21st year he played 70ahl games. In his 22nd year he played 56 NHL games and had 16pts. So he was a 4th year pro at 22 and had a 16pt season which is pretty good. At 23 he played 80games and had 61points. This is very good. However he was a 5th year pro and in his 3rd NA year so that breakout shouldn't be considered crazy. Arvidsson is one of those players I wish we had taken. 

Now let's compare that to Bailey. Bailey is 22 and his bday is in July making years easier again. He played his 20th and 21st year in Rochester with a split last year (52/32 Roch/Buf).  This is his 3rd year as a pro and should be a bigger year for him. We should expect that. If he makes the Sabres we should expect 30points. If he goes to Rochester we should expect almost a ppg pace but it will probably be closer to .85.9ppg. The point is you can't compare a 5th year pro to a 2nd year pro and expect the same results. Arvidsson going into year 6 whereas Bailey is going into year 3. Arvidsson will probably be the better player yes, but Bailey shouldn't be blowing up the NHL yet, he's 22. 

You are proving my point. We aren't getting players from our drafts. Why wasn't a proven Euro with an expired contract high on our boards. Where are our later round gems? That is what is missing in this rebuild.

So far our in the rebuild has provided Jack, Sam, Risto, Girgensons and McCabe from our draft picks. 4 1sts and one second. Where are our Arvidsson or Connor Browns or Jake Guentzel or Rust or Matt Murray etc.. to build the depth in this organization so that we don't have to acquire guys like Pouliot?

People keep saying their coming? Maybe, but not so far and from what I've seen in this camp, we may be waiting for Pu, Nylander, Mittelstud and Asplund before we have real depth up front.

You are proving my point. We aren't getting players from our drafts. Why wasn't a proven Euro with an expired contract high on our boards. Where are our later round gems? That is what is missing in this rebuild.

So far our in the rebuild has provided Jack, Sam, Risto, Girgensons and McCabe from our draft picks. 4 1sts and one second. Where are our Arvidsson or Connor Browns or Jake Guentzel or Rust or Matt Murray etc.. to build the depth in this organization so that we don't have to acquire guys like Pouliot?

People keep saying their coming? Maybe, but not so far and from what I've seen in this camp, we may be waiting for Pu, Nylander, Mittelstud and Asplund before we have real depth up front.

Oh then we are having 2 different conversations. I thought your point was why isn't Bailey better like Ardvidsson. I think it has to do with the flux in system and the rebuilding that occurred. I would say in another year we should see those types of players start to emerge from the system, guys like Pu and Asplund. Bailey could jump this year we shall see. 

Oh then we are having 2 different conversations. I thought your point was why isn't Bailey better like Ardvidsson. I think it has to do with the flux in system and the rebuilding that occurred. I would say in another year we should see those types of players start to emerge from the system, guys like Pu and Asplund. Bailey could jump this year we shall see. 

Now we are on the same page.  It isn't that I expect Bailey to be a good as Arvidsson, I had hoped that some of the forwards in our organization would have stepped up already to give us depth.  However, I am sadly coming to the conclusion that the depth will have to come from the 2016 and 2017 drafts when guys like Asplund, Nylander, Pu and Mittelstadt are all in fold.  In fact, if Bailey, Baptiste and Fasching don't step up at some point this season; Nylander, Asplund and Mittelstud might all pass them on the depth chart by next camp.  

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.