Botterill Introductory Presser: 5-11-2017, 4pm EDT

WildCard

Nice goal, but what terrible announcing - PBP and analysis.

It was like talking about the frame around a Michelangelo.

Our guys are often guilty of that with Sam as well.

Seriously, a full minute of calling and analysis and they don't say a thing about that pass - which was probably more lucky than we'd like it to be, but was still very nice and at a critical time in the game.

Seriously, a full minute of calling and analysis and they don't say a thing about that pass - which was probably more lucky than we'd like it to be, but was still very nice and at a critical time in the game.

The pass is so nice, it comes across as extremely odd no one mentioned it in the video.

Beyond the numbers, I thought Sam looked like he was playing pretty well there.

He seems better when the game flows through him and that never happens on Jack's wing.

To Weave and Freeman - veterans fans who have seen plenty of young players grow — why do you think what we've seen is what we'll get, even though he's just 21 and only played two seasons.

But I'm tired of defending him. It's put up or shut up.

And I'll shut up if he doesn't hit 60 points next year, regardless of his position.

I don't really think we've seen peak Sam.  And I think there's a good chance that peak Sam will indeed emerge if he plays center, which is why I'd like to see it given a real try (and I too liked what I saw when he played center last year with Kaner on his wing).  My point is simply that although we think there's a good chance that Sam would spread his wings and fly if he is moved to center, there is certainly a good chance that DDB was right about playing him at wing, and that Sam can't play center in the NHL. 

And if Sam is indeed best at the NHL level as a winger, I don't have much optimism that peak Sam at wing is a quantum leap ahead of what he's shown to date. 

I do think that Sam does have an excellent hockey IQ, and I'm pretty optimistic that JBott will choose a good coach that will figure out how to get the most out of him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.